• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

It's the economy NGD

Bhodie

Well,

Just brought this Gadow American home.. was in the shop, they need to blow them out.. ok, what is "blow out?" So... end up trying it, good build, nice workmanship, nice neck, 2 P90's, tonepros locking bridge.. except the pickups sound like a$$. We pull the pickups and find they are GFS (in a normally $900+ guitar????)

Anyway, I say wow.. not so sure, got to upgrade the pups.. etc. They say, well, we have one set of Lollar P90's that have been here a while .. lets see what color they are.. welly, welly.. they are creme! How much for that.. give me a package deal..

So, out the door, nice gig bag, guitar, Lollar P90's in hand.. $650. Now it still has all the good characteristics, but no longer sounds like a$$ :)

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
You did your part and got a good deal!
Cool.

I assume "not sounding like a**" means good now.

Bhodie

You did your part and got a good deal!
Cool.

I assume "not sounding like a**" means good now.
Saving the economy 1 guitar at a time! :)

You assume correctly.. Unplugged, the guitar was very "acoustic" and has a great vibration you can feel.. however plugged in, the gfs P90's were harsh (in all the wrong ways) did not smooth out in the neck position.. just lame.

The Lollars (my first Lollar pickups) are smooth to bold in the neck and quacky to rocking in the bridge (I cant use the correct terminology to describe the sounds.. just how they sound to my ears.. kind of like wine.. what the heck is a hint of tabacco and licorice and why do I want it in my wine anyway?)

They really make this guitar come alive.. and looking at $650 alternatives.. new? What else of that quality could you get? Playing it through my old vibro champ is really fun, and through the TopHat wakes the neighborhood up! Anyway.. My P90 niche is now filled..

starjag

$950 + new pickups for a hand-crafted Made-in-America boutique guitar... you gotta be kidding, that's a great price! And you even got a better deal! The Gadow people make awesome guitars.

CitizenCain

Sweet! Was that at American Guitar & Band? If it was, I was eyeing up that Gadow myself. No idea it had GFS pickups in it though. You made out like a bandit! Congrats.

CitizenCain

Lollars? :drool Sounds like a solution to a set of GFS.

Whoops, didn't say that. GFS is good, GFS is good.

Except when they're not.

shark_bite

Wait hold up, how much was it at AGB? I'm assuming AGB since I don't think anyone else around here sells Gadows...

Damn it. Damn it damn it damn it.

Bhodie

That link says it comes stock with GFS pickups. How can you charge that much for a guitar with budget pickups?
My thoughts exactly!!!

As to where in MN...

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.. but I have bought and sold several high end pieces of gear there.. including that Gibson 59 Historic Natural Blond that was not inexpensive.. so I am sure that was factored into the deal.

jackbart1960

Brother that was a deal! I just satisfied my P90 GAS with this. An American Deluxe Toronado Special. You got to love p90's.

Trending Topics