It's time to retire 'Trigger', Willie

noley

Frequently Mistaken for Fabio
Here's Willie Nelson inducting Kris Kristofferson into the Austin City Limits Hall of Fame last night:

Tell me this guitar doesn't sound like absolute $#!+.

I've seen Willie at least 30 times going back to the '70's so I'm not a hater, but for crying out loud that guitar is ready for the damn dumpster.

Yeah it's as much a part of a Willie show as Willie himself yada yada yada but it sounds like crapolio !

:waiting

chillybilly

My missus, a TGPer by osmosis if nothing else, was shocked by Kristofferson's voice/delivery. Granted, he's rolled the odometer over a few times and was always more of a talk-singer with that raspy voice but he was barely audible and randomly-pitched.

The Bonnie Raitt/Mavis Staples duet was well-intentioned but descended into farce as either Mavis forgot the arrangement or Bonnie decided to improvise (?) an a capella section at the end.

'Thing Called Love' was equally ragged. Taj Mahal was surplus to requirements with or without that ukulele (or possibly a guitar that looked like a ukulele against his massive frame). Once again Bonnie ad-libbed the ending while Mavis dutifully kept up the backing harmonies...but Bonnie had stopped singing by then.

dcbc

Sounded like Willie to me. He and the guitar get a little older each year, but neither is replaceable. Maybe it was the gawdawful crap I heard on other NYE shows on TV last night, but all of the ACL acts sounded like just about the best things I'd heard all night.

Fatherflot

5dc669ae2fa168fa91b455aa3feb3dcc.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom