It's Winter. And Yet...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Campfired, Dec 29, 2016.

1. dinocicerelli

dinocicerelli Member

Ok, I'll go.

Right Bob, since you are obligated by your "congregation", and your "beliefs", to go door to door and offer "correct teaching", what do you wear in the northeast winters? Also, could you share a picture or two of yourself and one of your "members"?

Outlaw likes this.
  2. rangerkarlos

rangerkarlos Member

I drive school bus. In the frozen hellhole. These middle and high school kids defy logic in their winter wear. Not all, but some.

Of course nobody actually walks to school anymore.

Outlaw likes this.
  3. sixstringfuel

sixstringfuel Hotdogs kill

The northeast winters never used to bother me, worked in the elements for years now i get bundled up to put the trash out.

aynirar27, Outlaw and burns like this.
  4. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

[​IMG]
    Enough?

sixstringfuel and Outlaw like this.
  5. davess23

davess23 Member

I've been running in winter weather for many years and I often wear shorts. Unless it's very nasty out my legs really don't feel cold. If it's a long run and a not-too-nasty day, chances are my sweatshirt or jacket will end up tied around my waist.

When I'm walking off a run in winter it's routine for people (especially older women, for whatever reason) to stop me and ask, "Aren't you cold?" I always answer politely. The fact is that after the first mile or so, even when it's pretty damn cold out (i.e., low 20s) I'm warmed up and in no need of heavy clothing. Only in high wind or freezing rain do I bother with it. Once I'm a couple of miles into a run, heavy outerwear is just a hindrance.

6. Campfired

Campfired Member

The
    following of course is indoors. If ever I need to be dressed appropriately, I usually wear either my white LL Bean sweater with dress shirt and tie, dress slacks, LL Bean poly-zip boots, and wool outer coat. When the weather isn't as freezing cold, it might just be a sweater vest minus the white LL Bean sweater, Florsheim shoes and everything else.

You've met Barb.

EDIT: Have needed to delete the pics simply
    because my friends did not authorize their online use. Will leave names up.

There's Ron & Ollie. Ollie ha(d) his arm
    around Ron's shoulder.

And Barb and her husband Arn following one of our local conventions during their cleaning assignment from a couple years ago.

There are others, but they may not desire their pictures to be posted online.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. sixstringfuel

sixstringfuel Hotdogs kill

Look like a friendly bunch. Your mom looks very pleasant and friendly also.

8. Campfired

Campfired Member

Thx. I felt it necessary to delete Mom's photo as she didn't acquiesce for her portrait to be online. It was a busy day earlier today but felt that my Sunday and Tuesday studying is almost completed. Was just a day at the keyboard with more activity than usual...

sixstringfuel likes this.
  9. great-case.com

great-case.com a.k.a. "Mitch"

I have a narrower view of the universe, it seems. I don't see men's workout gear as much as I see women and especially the younger ladies. All I seem to notice is Yoga Pants and various derivatives of Skin Tight leg wear that often border on pantyhose.

I am pondering opening a bun warming business... they look like they must be cold.

aynirar27 likes this.
  10. pbenn2112

pbenn2112 Member

I teach middle school and there are plenty of students that come to school in shorts and t-shirts no matter the temperature.