• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I've always thought Kip Winger was a great vocalist

lespaulreedsmith

Silver Supporting Member
please no haters or Beavis and Buttheads...
and don't ask me what my wife thinks about Kip.... :argue:rimshot

seriously... here's some old Winger and yes, it's live for the band, Kip, and Reb Beach also...:dude:dude:dude

and Winger Pull and Winger IV....? (and even Kip's 'songs from the ocean floor' solo project) get da f*** outa here... rock:dude

and here's a newer one....

Last edited:

John Hurtt

Gold Supporting Member
Winger caught a bad rap, much due to the B & B singling out. Truth is that Winger was a group of very talented musicians that put out some fine music in the style popular during their time.

Heinz57Pep

Choreographed dance moves should never be attempted by anyone in a hard rock realm. But yeah, solid band. When I first saw them and noticed Morgenstein behind the kit I figured there was some legitimacy there.

T Dizz

I always liked Winger.. mainly b/c of Reb but Kip could sing! Too bad he will forever be remembered as the guy who sang that song about effing underaged girls

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
I got to hang around Kip at a Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp Weekend in Chicago back in 2010. The guy was all over the place! He played bass and sang harmony with all the other "rock star counselors" on a huge variety of tunes, nailing all of the parts. His "band" for the weekend did very well, playing some cool tunes-you could tell he was a good "coach."

Then on the final night, when all the bands played at the House Of Blues, he ended up singing harmony with us (I was in Mark Farner's band), and he was basically my guitar tech/roadie. He told me "that was awesome" when we were done.

Cool guy in my book!

twinrider1

His exceedingly good looks hurt his cred with the junior high metal heads of the time. Though looking back, Bon Jovi seemed to find a way to keep fans of both genders happy.

tenchijin2

I was in Middle School and High School when Winger was a hit, and I always thought they were SUPER cheesy. They were cheesy, for sure, but I will happily concede that the musicianship on display in the video above is REALLY good! He obviously was/is a very gifted and well-trained singer. The band also was really impressive.

afterosmosis

If memory serves he did quite well in the real estate market, if he's the one I'm thinking of I'm sure he's fine with how things worked out.

Ballet dancing bass player was hard to take seriously...but a great band great voice Mediocre songs at the tail end of a dying genre...then nirvana and Pearl Jam sealed their coffin

Wolfgangsta

Silver Supporting Member
I always liked Winger. :hide
Saw them live around '88. Other than some technical problems with Reb Beach's gear at the beginning of the set, they killed it.

Trending Topics