I've cut down to 3 Pedals!!!!

yell03

I was getting crazy.....

At one point I had all these pedals running in to the amp at the same time...

Guitar - Cry baby wah - Boss OD3 overdrive - Ibanez TS808 Overdrive - Fulltone OCD V4 Overdrive - Boss DS1 distortion - Boss Mt2 Metalzone distortion - Amp
I also has a MXR 1974 Phase 90 in there too.:messedup

In the loop I had a Boss CH1 Chorus and a Boss DD7 Delay.
I also had a Danelectro Fab Chorus I would hook up once in a while =

9-10 fricking pedals. Wires all over the place.

Now......

Guitar - Cry baby - Boss SD1 Overdrive - Amp
Visual Sound V2H2O chorus/delay in the loop.

Down to 3 pedals.
I still have the Danelectro Fab Chorus in my closet, but I feel so LIBERATED.:aok

It is like the difference between wearing Long pants with a sweater, hat gloves, and a winter jacket in the winter to going out in the summer in just shorts and a tee shirt.:beer

Anybody else do the same?

Howard

Telecaster62

Right now I'm at guitar > tuner > overdrive > boost > amp. Get more complements on my tone than any time in the past.

yell03

Right now I'm at guitar > tuner > overdrive > boost > amp. Get more complements on my tone than any time in the past.
Most of the time all I have plugged in to jam is my SD1.
Does having a Tuner plugged in help?
I can always hear my guitar when it is out, but does the tuner show you specifically what is out of tune?
I've never used one.
I just use a seperate tuner just to get my Low E in tune and I go from there.

you should've kept the ts808 and phase 90; ditch the others.
The TS808 colored my tone too much, that mid hump.
The SD1 is very transparent.
I am not a Phaser type of guy although it did sound good for some mellow jazzy stuff.

Good move!
I think so.

Guitar Goober

:agreeI did the same!

My board was:
Wah -> Tuner -> Amp -> (effects loop) Nova Modulator -> Delay -> Reverb

and I was contemplating getting a PT2 and putting these on it:
Wah -> Tuner -> Compressor -> Metal Zone (Allums Mod) -> Amp -> (effects loop) EQ -> Nova Modulator -> Delay -> Reverb

I ran Guitar -> Amp and loved the tone and decided adding more pedals to my board would only make my tone worse, so have decided to stick with:
Wah -> Tuner -> Amp -> (effects loop) Nova Modulator -> Delay

Taking the reverb off has made a difference (Line 6 Verbzilla), and I'm now very happy with both the simple 3 pedal (excluding tuner) board, and my tone.

yell03

:agreeI did the same!

My board was:
Wah -> Tuner -> Amp -> (effects loop) Nova Modulator -> Delay -> Reverb

and I was contemplating getting a PT2 and putting these on it:
Wah -> Tuner -> Compressor -> Metal Zone (Allums Mod) -> Amp -> (effects loop) EQ -> Nova Modulator -> Delay -> Reverb

I ran Guitar -> Amp and loved the tone and decided adding more pedals to my board would only make my tone worse, so have decided to stick with:
Wah -> Tuner -> Amp -> (effects loop) Nova Modulator -> Delay

Taking the reverb off has made a difference (Line 6 Verbzilla), and I'm now very happy with both the simple 3 pedal (excluding tuner) board, and my tone.
It does feel good doesn't it.:beer

Jacobpaul81

My Board:

Guitar -> Hilton Volume -> Clark Gainster -> Amp
-> Boss TU-2

I could do with a delay and a choppy trem, but this is all I really need. =)

ahab

Yup:

Guitar -> Fuzz -> Treble Booster -> Trem ->Amp

Last edited:

Mojohandman

Why you're using tremolo before fuzz and treble booster? I'm just asking cause lot's of people says that tremolo doesn't sound good before overdrives etc.

Guitar Goober

It does feel good doesn't it.:beer
Certainly does! :)

Does having a Tuner plugged in help?
I can always hear my guitar when it is out, but does the tuner show you specifically what is out of tune?
I've never used one.
I find it does. You can play each string individually and it will tell you whether it's sharp, flat or in tune.

The Korg Pitchblack that I use mutes the signal when you're tuning too, which is very useful. Otherwise with the tuner off it just passes the signal.

Cornbread

just sold my trem this morning so i am down to 3, well 4 counting my tuner...does that count?

TIM-EP Pre-DMM-SS

i do want to get another tremolo at some point but this works for now

Telecaster62

My tuner is a Korg Pitchblack. It mutes my signal when tuning and is true bypass when not engaged so it doesn't affect my signal chain at all. One of my overdrives is true bypass and one uses buffers but they sound pretty much the same so my signal is pretty clean. I only use one overdrive or the other depending on my needs. I use the boost for solos and that's about it.

Jack

I try to keep it small, but it never works, so my board balloons up and down like Oprah.
For me, smaller is more musical, because I can think less about turning things on and off-but I love modulation pedals...

Brettski

I have a boat load of pedals on my board, but I really only find myself using my MJM London II (love, sex, money, and other amazing things happen when this one's on), a little OD (VS J&H V2 or CTO-2) and my Nova Delay.

I could live the rest of my life with those and be pretty dern happy. That being said, I really do like to get some cool, wild sounds by stacking more dirt sounds together and using a carbon copy into the nova for some really spaced out textures.

I could probably strip down to two or three pedals, but I enjoy the flexability when I'm at home. Gigs are another story. My board usually consists of a channel switch (Trip Rec=forty seven buttons), some mild dirt, delay, and a tuner.

Enjoy the simplicity. It really is liberating to not have to worry about all the SETTINGS on everything. It really let's you just play the guitar.

ahab

Why you're using tremolo before fuzz and treble booster? I'm just asking cause lot's of people says that tremolo doesn't sound good before overdrives etc.
I wasn't thinking about my pedal order this morning when I posted. Sorry about the confusion. Post has been edited.

yell03

Certainly does! :)

I find it does. You can play each string individually and it will tell you whether it's sharp, flat or in tune.

The Korg Pitchblack that I use mutes the signal when you're tuning too, which is very useful. Otherwise with the tuner off it just passes the signal.
I started researching tuners.
I don't know if I want a Boss TU2 or if I just prefer a Clip on the Headstock Tuner?

Good move there ...

Tell this guys !!

:roll

Trending Topics