I've given up being a Gear Whore

I just went through some of my old pics and realized the amount of gear swapping I had done in the last five years and it's finally over

Here's a brief synopsis

54' Gibson LG-1
56' Gibson Les Paul Jr
Marshall Bluesbreaker Reissue

54' Gibson LG-1
56' Gibson Les Paul Jr
68' Gibson Les Paul Custom Reissue
65' Gibson SG Jr (Pelham Blue)
57' Gibson Les paul Jr Historic
Fargen Mini Plex (w/ Orange 2x12)
Marshall 2061x w/ Matching 2061cx Cab
59' Fender Princeton
66' Fender Princeton Reverb
Fender Custom Shop NoNeck Esquire

54' Gibson LG-1
65' Gibson SG Jr
54' Gibson Les Paul Historic
60' Fender Custom Shop Relic Stratocaster
Fargen Mini Plex (w/ Orange 2x12
Zvex SHO
Freakshow Digilog
Klon
Freakshow Brown Rabbit
MXR Blue Box
MXR Dyna Comp

54' Gibson LG-1
66' Mosrite Ventures
78' Marshall JMP w/ Bogner 4x12
Divided By 13 LDW w/ Matching 2x12
Divided By 13 JRT with Matching 1x12
Fulltone TTE
Zvex SHO
Freakshow Digilog
Freakshow Brown Rabbit
MXR Blue Box
MXR Dyna Comp

54' Gibson LG-1
66' Mosrite Ventures
51' Fender Heavy Relic Nocaster
64' Fender Deluxe Reverb
64' Fender Princeton Reverb

54' Gibson LG-1
51' Fender Heavy Relic Nocaster
64' Fender Princeton Reverb
66' Fender Bassman
Skreddy Echo
Mad Professor SBOD
Mad Professor LGW
Mad Professor DBD
Fuchs Creme De la Trem
Empress Tremolo

Now
54' Gibson LG-1

It feels good to be clean and sober

Here's some pics of the old days when i was off the wagon

Last edited:

panoramic

2005 and 2008 were good years for you man.
I started with 2 guitars and 2 amps and I am going to end this charade with about the same.

Colt

Gear whoring, for me, was about trying different things and seeing what worked best for me....

After I found the right fit, what's the point of swapping it?

This year, after I get my Glendale Tele (in october), and a '57 tweed twin....the only thing I'd be lusting is a K60....which I'll run stereo with the twin...hehe

After all my whoring I found I'm a tele guy (I find Glendale's to be the best...), I think Tweed's are bitching, and Komet 60's are hot rod's.

It's what fits me best.

And that's it. :)

No amp - just gonna play acoustic for awhile. I'm not in a band so I had way too much firepower for a non-professional to begin with

nomadh

Yea its just taste testing. Besides other guitars are the only other girlfriends I can have without getting into a very expensive divorce.
I suspect guitar whoring is just a safer substitute for real, actual whoring. Besides, technically I thing I'm more of a gear slut. A gear whore makes money at it.

Yea its just taste testing. Besides other guitars are the only other girlfriends I can have without getting into a very expensive divorce.
I suspect guitar whoring is just a safer substitute for real, actual whoring. Besides, technically I thing I'm more of a gear slut. A gear whore makes money at it.
i made some money here and there, and lost some. the only big money i ever made was the 56' Jr that I bought before the whole craze after Green day started using them and they skyrocketed otherwise i mostly broke even

slopeshoulder

that's nothing. i'm worse. i'm also done. now i buy small things needed for recording. the occasional pedal, plug is, affordable mics. there's nothing I have that I want to let go, and nothing major that I want.

Tomo

Great job!

Going through all those vintage BF Fender amps... Great experience for TONE!

Priceless!!!

Tomo

mrface2112

so.....how exactly do you sell your stuff? i've been in acquisition mode the last few years.....but haven't had the desire (need?) to unload any of it.

i could probably buy that les paul or prs i've been jonesing for if i pared myself down to only that which i needed or used on a regular basis. :facepalm

cheers,
wade

riffmeister

I've been thru lots & lots of amps and a few guitars. I've been chewing Amporet gum and I'm fianally weaned off the hard stuff.

Now it's an acoustic guitar habit that has me in its clutches. :puh

I bought a lot of gear in the past 2-3 years... I know what I love now, but I reserve the right to buy more gear and change my mind :)

Rick N Boogie

I too have blown 10's of thousands on gear over the last 3-4 yrs. Took going broke to cure me, but at least I'm left with a couple of really nice bass amps.

Trending Topics