I've got all the time in the world now so here I am

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by itskellyo, Jul 23, 2020.

1. itskellyo

itskellyo Member

Hey all. 4 months ago my life was pretty normal. And then Coronavirus hit and I left Queens to stave off the virus at a friend's family house in a beach town South Jersey. I took most of my gear with me (as did my friends, which is how we ended up with a full recording set up in the living room) expecting that we'd be there a while. What I didn't expect is that I'd leave the states, but with the virus showed little sign of slowing down, my lease ending, and without a job, I went to Mexico to be with my parents and brought all my gear down with me, save for my beloved Orange 60 watt Crush.

When I got to Mexico, I needed an amp, so I ended up getting a little Orange Speaker and a Micro Dark. I've since started doing some remote work and now that I'm not paying New York rent (and have also collected 10 weeks of unemployment) I'm back in my gear hoarding mode so I'm here to learn and try and new things and try and get my sound perfect.

I recorded a bunch of stuff in South Jersey that I want to wrap up and now I have the time (and spare cash) to get some more gear. My music lands somewhere between Jane's Addiction, Prince, and Deerhunter, so I like a good distortion tone as much as I do the ability to mess with time based pedals. Here's to learning from you all!

Steadfastly likes this.
  2. Laurence

Laurence Silver Supporting Member

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator and Co-Founder of TGP Staff Member

4. Shelldigger

Shelldigger Member

Nice to see ya. I haven't been here long myself. I'll tell ya what, things get much worse here Im heading to Mexico too!