I've got the perfect Crybaby and an empty shell - sell me on a new kit!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Agileguy_101, May 3, 2015.

1. Agileguy_101

Agileguy_101 Member

I got a 70's crybaby about a month ago that's (IMO) the perfect crybaby tone. It's so great I won't even bother describing it.

But I got my old crybaby shell back from my friend today and I stripped it of the powdercoat and sanded it until it's ready for paint. I want to make this something very different from my crybaby, so that there's a point in having two different wahs to choose from. I've already got a Clyde Deluxe on my big board, so this will just be a secondary wah that I can use with my small board (phaser - tonebender - od - delay) when I don't want the crybaby.

I was thinking about getting a Chicago Ironworks Parachute kit, as that seems like it's very different from the Crybaby. But I'm open to any options. I am painting it metallic blue, so if it goes with that color, even better. (wait how does a wah circuit go with a certain color. That's what I get for downing a 6 pack while stripping the paint from my pedal.)

Yeah

2. Agileguy_101

Agileguy_101 Member

3. JaiminhoPagina

JaiminhoPagina Member

Talk to Mr. Joe Gagan. He's the master of the custom DIY wah kits!

Seriously, he can make you ANYTHING.

Maybe a Maestro Boomerang clone.

4. Agileguy_101

Agileguy_101 Member

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion, I sent Joe a message. I looked into the boomerang and it's pretty cool, but it's a bit too close to the crybaby tone, just with more low end. I want something totally different. I may end up with the faux boomer kit anyway though as it's quite a bit cheaper than the parachute kit.

5. joegagan

joegagan Supporting Member

message sent , thank you.
    and for heaven's sake, do not tell anyone about the kit that is not available officially:noevil. the colorsound musonic based circ that i tweaked in LT spice modeling to make the curve even more delicious:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  6. Agileguy_101

Agileguy_101 Member

I shan't tell a soul!

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  7. joegagan

joegagan Supporting Member

ha, yep.
    i need to figure out what i am doing wrong posting these videos.
    edit, finally figured it out. it is only the 11 digit code, not the http junk needed.

Last edited: May 3, 2015