I've had my Helix for about 6 months now and I haven't hardly scratched the surface.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by standard24, Jan 2, 2018.

1. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

And in many ways it's so much easier to accomplish this than with regular amps. It's so awesome that you can look into what say Gilmour used and try to get closer to his sound that way. In the past that wouldn't be possible for me. :)

outlawten5 likes this.
  2. outlawten5

outlawten5 Member

I'm not obsessive. My AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and most 80's type tones are easily obtainable. I typically do a search on customtone and tweak to my liking. I'm sure some spend hours tweaking but I'd rather play. I don't even have IR's.

3. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

4. outlawten5

outlawten5 Member

I think that is the beauty of these modelers. Whether it be Helix, Fractal, Kemper, etc... To me I like the value of having so many amps/effects/cabs to choose from. They really have a lot of value despite the cost. I see my Helix as a piece of gear that I will own for a very long time. They are just so versatile. They have something for everyone.

5. -Empire

-Empire Supporting Member

Recently I've been watching some rig rundown videos and following along in the Helix with comparable gear. It works really well, especially if they show you the knobs.

For me it was more about replacing tons of expensive, heavy, and unreliable analog gear. I have 6-7 go-to presets that get me in the ballpark of whatever sound I need.

buddaman71, MIJLOVER and outlawten5 like this.
  6. Brandon7s

Brandon7s Silver Supporting Member

If someone has a digital amp/effects platform and they aren't using it for the amp simulation or effects (including IRs, an effect), then I'd be real curious to know what they are doing with it. :D

I suppose I can see someone using the Helix purely as an audio interface, though I'd be hard pressed to figure out why.

7. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I love my LT and barely scratch its capabilities too, yet still get all I need and more.

Personally, I think YouTube vids are WAY more useful than any class would be.

lespaulreedsmith likes this.