I've had my powered Kemper for a week.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
Well, I've had my Kemper for a week and I'm seriously impressed. When profiling via the DI method the reproduction is absolutely stunning. The effects are good and there are tons of profiles available. This thing could be a keeper.

MIJLOVER

Well, I've had my Kemper for a week and I'm seriously impressed. When profiling via the DI method the reproduction is absolutely stunning. The effects are good and there are tons of profiles available. This thing could be a keeper.
Congrats man! Kemper is really awesome. Enjoy :)

JoeB63

Supporting Member
When profiling via the DI method the reproduction is absolutely stunning
Yes. A lot of people don't realize that - or haven't experienced it. It really dispels the belief that "digital" doesn't sound as good as tubes, or analog. The real difference between modeling and tube amps is the cab vs. FRFR thing.

Go on the Rig Exchange and look for Direct profiles (typically those with the CAB field blank or N/A. Some of them are really good. There are some for the Friedman Smallbox and the BE that I like and use pretty often.

JerEvil

Supporting Member
Kemper is fantastic. I think there still may be some idea that the effects aren't up to scratch but I have owned both the Kemper and Fractal stuff. I think the Kemper effects are great.

VCuomo

Yes. A lot of people don't realize that - or haven't experienced it. It really dispels the belief that "digital" doesn't sound as good as tubes, or analog. The real difference between modeling and tube amps is the cab vs. FRFR thing. ...
Although the other (major) difference with the KPA in particular is that it is a "profiler", not a "modeler" (as is AFXII, or Helix, or AF, etc.).

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
Yes. A lot of people don't realize that - or haven't experienced it. It really dispels the belief that "digital" doesn't sound as good as tubes, or analog. The real difference between modeling and tube amps is the cab vs. FRFR thing.
Bas
Go on the Rig Exchange and look for Direct profiles (typically those with the CAB field blank or N/A. Some of them are really good. There are some for the Friedman Smallbox and the BE that I like and use pretty often.
I've been sifting through the exchange and I was wondering how to tell a DI vs. a Studio Profile. Since I mainly plan to use my standard amp cabs all I care about is DI profiles. When they are studio profiles or IR profiles they don't sound nearly as good. The DI profiles are unbelievably good. Basically identical. A DI box off the speaker out into the Kemper is a win!!!

JerEvil

Supporting Member
I've been sifting through the exchange and I was wondering how to tell a DI vs. a Studio Profile. Since I mainly plan to use my standard amp cabs all I care about is DI profiles. When they are studio profiles or IR profiles they don't sound nearly as good. The DI profiles are unbelievably good. Basically identical. A DI box off the speaker out into the Kemper is a win!!!
Usually it'll say DI or merged. When you test it the Cab block indicator should be off and usually no cab listed for the profile on the exchange IF... whoever made the profile isn't lazy!

I have some of my Splawn Quick Rod merged and DI profiles up there. People seemed to like them. Look for JerEvil on the Exchange.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
Usually it'll say DI or merged. When you test it the Cab block indicator should be off and usually no cab listed for the profile on the exchange IF... whoever made the profile isn't lazy!

I have some of my Splawn Quick Rod merged and DI profiles up there. People seemed to like them. Look for JerEvil on the Exchange.
Awesome!!! I appreciate the info!

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member

I just downloaded your QR DI's. I'm going to give them a go and see how they sound!

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
If anyone else has DI profiles to share let me know! I have a few I've made so far. Four Mesa Road King and three Diamond Hammersmiths.

JoeB63

Supporting Member
If anyone else has DI profiles to share let me know! I have a few I've made so far. Four Mesa Road King and three Diamond Hammersmiths.
I put several up on the Rig Exchange a while back. They are of my Wallace JTM45 clone, some with a Kingsley Jouster up front. Search on JoeB63 to find them. The Direct ones have "direct" in the file names, and N/A in the Cab field. I haven't played them in a while, but I remember them sounding relatively dark - until you get them up nice and loud.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
I put several up on the Rig Exchange a while back. They are of my Wallace JTM45 clone, some with a Kingsley Jouster up front. Search on JoeB63 to find them. The Direct ones have "direct" in the file names, and N/A in the Cab field. I haven't played them in a while, but I remember them sounding relatively dark - until you get them up nice and loud.
Thanks!!!

timowens316

Search for the HAWP thread in the Free Rigs And Profiles section on the Kemper forum, the thread is named "Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...". In this thread we made a ton of profiles of the Friedman BE100 as a community, it was a lot of fun and we came up with some good profiles. There are a lot of Direct Amp and Merged profiles in there too.

Also search for "Tim Owens" on the rig exchange, the "M" at the end of the file name means Merged which is effectively the same as a Direct Amp profile when the cab is disabled.

JerEvil

Supporting Member
Search for the HAWP thread in the Free Rigs And Profiles section on the Kemper forum, the thread is named "Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...". In this thread we made a ton of profiles of the Friedman BE100 as a community, it was a lot of fun and we came up with some good profiles. There are a lot of Direct Amp and Merged profiles in there too.

Also search for "Tim Owens" on the rig exchange, the "M" at the end of the file name means Merged which is effectively the same as a Direct Amp profile when the cab is disabled.
You will lose DAYS going through the HAWP stuff! Tim did an amazing job with that stuff.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member

You will lose DAYS going through the HAWP stuff! Tim did an amazing job with that stuff.
And now I enter the rabbit hole.......

JoeB63

Supporting Member
I have a powered Kemper as well. Love it. Interested in going the DI route. Is there a DI of consensus on here?

Thanks

:)
I use it that way sometimes at home (though my KPA is unpowered, and I use a Fryette PowerStation as a power amp), but at gigs, I always go direct using regular (Studio) profiles.

Trending Topics