I've had my powered Kemper for a week.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by niassist, Apr 28, 2017.

1. niassist

niassist Garage Rock Star Silver Supporting Member

I've grabbed a couple of his. Really solid.
    Yeah it's not going back.

2. niassist

In my brief time with the Kemper I prefer DI. I have got to use high end FRFR stuff and I wasn't that impressed. It was good, but not as good as DI through an actual guitar cab. Now admittedly my time with the Kemper is very limited.

3. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

When it comes to FRFR, since the term is no standard, it definitely boils down to what (real) cab(s) you are using and how the room sounds. some "FRFR" tones can sound really bad.

The main point you should be aware of (sorry if this is obvious for you :) ) is that, since most Kemper cabs are closed mic'ed, a very linear and transparent cab will have the typical harshness of a... close mic'ing :D

I'd experiment with Studio profiles and the Pure Cab parameter, which is there exactly to tame this particular harshness. I always use it, and I love it.
    You can set it in a couple of places, so be sure to read the manual(s) for you top enjoyment :)

4. niassist

Good info thanks!

Viabcroce likes this.