I've narrowed them down.......which Pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BrentSP, Mar 16, 2006.

1. BrentSP

BrentSP Member

I'm leaning toward the Pedal Pad due to the 2nd tier but I'm afraid it might be a bit heavy being 38" long in its case and made of 1/2 birch. Far as I know there are not wheels/rollers for easy hauling.

The Pedal Train is more expensive, 4" shorter of usable pedal space, no 2nd tier but I really like the case since it does have rollers and the extra storage would be nice for cables and other pedals that I'd like to keep on hand.

Pedal Pad MPS-XL NP (comes w/o power supplys or router) $289

[​IMG]

PEDALTRAIN PRO HD $299

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

it's a tough call.

i just recently purchased a Pedal Pad AXS over one of the Pedaltrain models, mainly because it had a compartment underneath the board for cable and accessory storage, and it had a great angle on the floor.

Both are great pedalboards, it just comes down to what you're gonna need out of each one more.

3. BrentSP

BrentSP Member

4. Lensrock

Lensrock Member

i recently bought the Pedal Pad AXS also. I think its an awesome board. Very solid construction. I love the storage compartment, and the angle of the board is really perfect too. BTW Brent, I think that I traded you for a Marshall 2550 quite a few years ago.

5. BrentSP

BrentSP Member

Yeah my 2550 for your DSL50 + cash........I remember that. Jeeze that was so long ago it seems. You still have the 2550?

6. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

pedaltrain looks pretty cool. I had the pedalpad for a long time, but I'm not really crazy about the aluminum panels.

7. BrentSP

BrentSP Member

The bulkiness and weight concerned me with the Pedal Pad MPS XL.....it weighs 36lbs UNLOADED and has a single handle for carrying........ so I just bought a Pedaltrain Pro 5 minutes ago.

8. Lensrock

Lensrock Member

I don't have it anymore, I believe I traded it for a JCM800, because I was having a hard time selling it outright, sold the 800 and bought a VHT. I've had so many different amps since than.

9. teleboy

teleboy Member

I don't think you will regret it, the pedal train is so versatile and is built very well.:AOK

10. ronin32

ronin32 Member

Cool choice, does it come with the case?

11. qatcat

qatcat Member

I got the pedal pad MPS. I'm happy as heck with it. It's a bit bulky but solid as a rock.

[​IMG]