I've never been to Hobby Lobby until today... omg

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by lespaulreedsmith, May 12, 2019.

1. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I just noticed one on my side of town, I'll have to stop by!

2. jthomps123

jthomps123 Supporting Member

I was so excited when Hobby Lobby opened in my town... the first time I went I couldn't wait to browse RC cars, electric trains, rockets etc...

Didnt realize the majority of what i'd find was chicom decorations and other assorted garbage. What a joke... so much disappoint son...

rog951 likes this.
  3. jthomps123

Lol no... Chic-fil-a's food and legendary service were popular long before SJW's made them the most profitable fast food joint.

rog951 and SnidelyWhiplash like this.
  4. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Is it the most profitable fast food chain?

5. Redub

Redub Supporting Member

It has been reported that their per store profitability beats all other chains, which is crazy given no adjustment in those comps for lack of Sunday business.

6. hellbender

hellbender Member

A dubious honor at best. Judging by the zealous responses in support of this organization that competes and survives in this crowded segment marketing a single product, I'd suggest a cult-like status to its' following, along the lines of White Castle. Another inexplicable American gastronomic anomaly.

I guess there's room in this vast land for this brand of commerce.

I dont get it obviously.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  7. sundog964

sundog964 Supporting Member

Where you see zeal, I see a pleasant and tasty experience. It is far from the normal fast food. The people working there are friendly and helpful. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the lines, and that is because it is popular.

I try not and eat at any fast food places, but Chick Fil A is an island in the sea of bad fast food.

If I attempted to change my purchasing on perceived issues with owner positions and donations, my choices would be severely limited. I'd love to see people investigate some of their favorite stores and learn what they support, instead of the knee jerk reaction to social media.

LHanson, jthomps123 and Mangy71 like this.
  8. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

Hard to discuss here but I still think some don't realize the depths to which HL sinks. Mixing cheapness and a banned topic--it's not just the banned topic! And it had very broad implications for many with no ties or interests in HL.

Some members seem to think people might want to be aware of that. I'm one of them. That's all it has to be.

9. Stike

Stike Member

I posted earlier why I don't spend money at CFA. I do think their spicy chicken sandwich is great and I'm definitely a fan of waffle fries. The appeal of White Castle however I do not get.

10. AdrenalinJunkie

AdrenalinJunkie Silver Supporting Member

Watching the Netflix movie "The Founder" on Netflix will make you want to boycott McDonald's. Ray Kroc definitely got the better of the McDonald brothers, who started the chain.

A-Bone likes this.
  11. Redub

Redub Supporting Member

I agree. In reality, companies are full of good and bad people.
    If I were to apply the kind of purchasing boycotts many advocate, it would be dubious for me to stop at whatever Twitter and some media outlets tell me to be outraged about.
    FWIW, I still strongly favor one’s right to boycott. I just think there are far worse things going on that don’t get near the attention or that people including me are aware of and yet still make the purchase. For example, my smartphone and many other items I buy are definitely produced in a supply chain containing appalling labor or human rights conditions.
    None of this is right - just thinking about how difficult it can be to apply a similar lens to many things.

Mrgreggb, Mangy71 and sundog964 like this.
  12. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

I did not like the film, but it is kind of interesting. Did you get a strong sense of its point of view? Was it intended to be critical? Laudatory?

AdrenalinJunkie likes this.
  13. AdrenalinJunkie

AdrenalinJunkie Silver Supporting Member

I came away with the impression Kroc was the smartest guy in the room. He had vision, he realized it was all about having a repeatable process. But Kroc came off as shady.

A-Bone likes this.
  14. jthomps123

There is no accounting for personal taste, but many agree (myself included) that their chicken sandwich, sides and sauces are above average compared to their peers. But what is not subjective, is their service model... it is clearly head and shoulder above their peers. As a whole, the complete package is worthy of its reputation.

sundog964 likes this.
  15. el capitan

el capitan Member

‘Service model’? Pssht. I avoid Chik-fil-A simply because their fries are stupid.

Seriously tho... How does one differentiate themselves ‘service model’-wise in the fast food biz? :dunno

16. jthomps123

Cool.

el capitan likes this.
  17. rog951

rog951 Member

I'm sure you're already aware of this but most if not all of these multi-national media outlets are driving agendas of one type or another. If watching it made you feel something, that's likely what the producers were going for. Then you have to ask yourself "what's their angle?" We all need to become hyper-critical thinkers these days. So much subversion going on from all sides.

Mangy71 and jthomps123 like this.
  18. jthomps123

Providing courteous, expedient, and consistent customer service?

One morning I was at a red light, and they were passing out free chicken biscuits to cars in the intersection lol.

Mangy71 likes this.
  19. TopJimmy5150

TopJimmy5150 Member

I will not darken the doors of any Hobby Lobby again as long as I live.

zekmoe likes this.
  20. sundog964

sundog964 Supporting Member

They actually are friendly and helpful. When I have the misfortune to go into most other fast food places, I always feel like I'm putting them out by having to serve me a meal. Chick Fil A has people that will make sure your experience is pleasant. To me that is worth a lot. That and the food is superior. I still can't figure out the whole In-N-Out Burger thing. Tastes like cardboard to me.

jthomps123 and rog951 like this.