I’ve owned and gigged them all Fractal is the best.

M

Member 183555

I started playing live with modelers when the original POD came out. I’ve owned and performed with every major and most of the minor modelers that have come out since. Previously I owned a Kemper from 2012 to 2019. Then I owned a helix floor while I waited for the fractal FM three to come out. Fractal is the best so far. All my band members are unanimous on it. Kemper would be cool if I had a slew of vintage amps that I wanted to profile to bring on the road with me. That’s my opinion, a full time professional performer, former studio guy. That is all.

Gearzilla

I started playing live with modelers when the original POD came out. I’ve owned and performed with every major and most of the minor modelers that have come out since. Previously I owned a Kemper from 2012 to 2019. Then I owned a helix floor while I waited for the fractal FM three to come out. Fractal is the best so far. All my band members are unanimous on it. Kemper would be cool if I had a slew of vintage amps that I wanted to profile to bring on the road with me. That’s my opinion, a full time professional performer, former studio guy. That is all.
It’s great that you found something that you and your bandmates like. Saves a lot of time.

PaisleyWookie

Thank you for your contribution.

parkhill

My first modeler was the gnx3 by digitech. I've been through a ton of digital solutions since then. All of the usual suspects. Axe II, amplifire, kemper (a few times), helix, several software based solutions and finally the axe III. I don't care for the banter about one being better than the other. I think that is largely determined by your specific needs. For me, the Axe III is the first one where I don't really think about the fact that it's not a tube amp. It's equally as satisfying to play. Not better or worse. I'm just playing the guitar, completely happy with what I'm plugged into. The others never got there for me.

Now, the snark, that's fun in doses. Carry on!