I’ve owned and gigged them all Fractal is the best.

KingsXJJ

I started playing with modelers since the original zoom 9001 came out. Owned everymodeler that came out since then Twice!!
I can’t remember why I got all those modelers cause I was playing a Kemper between 12 and ‘19. Anyway....just remember I owned them all!!!
I just got me a Boss GT 1...and all my 37 bandmates agree... Bossgt1 is The Very Best!! Rules them all, no doubt, its just better then the rest.
And I’m a Fuller time professional then the OP...and I own a studio!!
Lets make TGP great again and put Boss GT 1 first!!
I’m with this guy! Make TGP great again!
:band

Technica

It was digital, had amps, cabsims and sounded fake....checks all the boxes doesn’t it?
The 9001 was not a preamp. It didn’t have a digital preamp section that specifically modeled other amps, which means it was not a modeling preamp.

Technica

Yep, a continue development, always looking forward and total customer commitment, not to mention the state of the art sound in amps and FXs has made Fractal the top contender and leading figure in the amp modelling world. Many units sounds great, but only Fractal is best.
I am disappointed. I was fully expecting you to say “game changer” somewhere in your post. :D

ejecta

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve owned them all and I don’t think there’s a huge standout of one over the other in regards to tone. People who say one does like it’s a night and day difference makes me roll my eyes. For me it’s mostly how it functions for what task and set up I want to run. I still think real amps are the gold standard that modelers have still yet to reach but they can’t be used for every situation so a modeler gets the nod for that gig.

Last edited:

Billinder33

I'm on the wait list. Will be my third of the three flagships - Kemper, Helix, AFX3.

Ironically, I'm more interested in it as an FX unit than for modeling, which I still expect Kemper to pull main duty on.

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
I know a guy who’s played them all! He started as a session player, moved to being a hired gun, now plays in one of the biggest bands in the world. He can play any style and is one of the fastest, and slowest solo player I’ve ever heard!! He has over 500 guitars, 100 amps and 1000 pedals. He’s played for the president and the queen, as well as the Pope. What is his personal choice in digital??? FM3 of course!! If this guy plays it, so should all of you!!! :dude

Last edited:

Hackdog69

Gold Supporting Member
This is classic, you don’t agree with me, I’ll call you names and call you children... one certainly has come to strong conclusions since their August 9th post about the same unit... And the “gigging situation”

DigitalTube

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned most too, and "The Best" is just an opinion..(nothing wrong with Fractal) I own Fractal and gig with Kemper and sometimes Boss, ( fly gigs) because they're the best for whatever I'm doing at the moment..

Trending Topics