I've rediscovered the Fulldrive 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tallhorses, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

....and I like it! Picked up the MOSFET edition here cheap last week and got it in time for a gig this past weekend. I'm pretty psyched... I used it on some of the edgy stuff. It works well with a strat...nice crunch (I used it on Cortez the Killer). The boost is awesome when you need the sustain.

FD2 back in da house!

2. radcliff

radcliff Member

I have the blue toggle, and I'm gassing for that red mosfet.

3. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

After owning 2 of the blue ones and one of the cream CS ones with the toggle, I find myself wanted that orange MOSFET bad. I sold my cream one for a stupid reason...

What is cheap for the MOSFET, if you don't mind my asking?

4. starfish

starfish Supporting Member

Anybody have clips of the mosfet version? I too have a blue version (cream knobs/1998) with probably one of the first toggle mods added by Mike. It sounds great but I would like to hear what the mosfet offers. Thx!

5. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

+1 on wanting to hear the MOSFET. I have the blue with mini switch as well. Great pedal, but GASing.

6. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

I have the 10th Anniversary model and it rocks. I love it. Probably using it tomorrow night with the Fender DRRI that will be at my house when I get home.

7. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

I agree with you guys, and cannot say ow impressed I am with the compcut mode. This is with and without the boost. Nice pedal.

8. lukeness

lukeness Member

What is the difference btween the MOSFET one and the regular blue one?

9. Matt F

Matt F Member

Anyone running their MOSFET at 18V? Compare to the rugular 9V?

10. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Supporting Member

The demo song "Whisper" on my rock band's myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/thedamwellbetters) is full of MosFet FDII into a '59 Bassman LTD RI. Guitar was a Tokai Love Rock and I kept both pickups on the whole time.
    The riffing under the choruses has it in non-boost mode with a Timmy in front of it (the Timmy is the only pedal on during my arpeggiated parts under the verses set at a transparent very low-gain.) The mini-lead at 1:39, the heavier chording part under the bridge at 2:45, and the solo following that are all just the Mosfet in boost mode. The switches were set to flat mid, Mosfet mode.
    I truly feel, for only the second time ever, that what I hear back is identical to what was actually coming out of my setup when I laid it down. So it is a true representation of this pedal in my chain at the time.

11. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

$185 here in the forum....

12. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

Fulltone makes wonderful stuff. Regarding the MOSFET I didn't hear big changes over the stock unit. A wee bit more open on the MOSFET mode but otherwise {to mon ears} more a cosmetic change than a significant tonal transformation. And for good measure, because the Fulldrive II is already an awesome rig.

13. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

strat + fulldrive II + deluxe reverb = tone :cool: