Izzy Stradlin

Quite coincidentally I've been listening to a fair bit of Izzy the past week and while enjoying the great Ju Ju Hounds album I noticed that GnR are playing in Brisbane (where I live tonight). Glad I saved myself a few hundred bucks and can enjoy listening to some better music and not have to watch Axl Rose. Not even Slash and Duff could save GnR.

Everything else aside Izzy is such an underrated songwriter and guitarist. A few of his songs he released last year are gems and I hope he records a full album soon. Super cool dude to top it off.

The world needs more Izzy

Yer Blues

This tour is pretty cool for people like me who were too young the first time around and didn't think it would happen in this life time. I just wish I would have made more of an effort to see Slash the past couple of years up close when he was playing HOB and Hard Rock type size venues. Ticket prices are high, but they're going on on time and giving around 2.5 hours of music and playing some cool stuff. Fortus also does a great job and is a good fit next to Slash.

I think Izzy will really be missed if they actually record new songs. I really hope they do, but who knows at this point....

Echoplexi

Silver Supporting Member
This tour is pretty cool for people like me who were too young the first time around and didn't think it would happen in this life time. I just wish I would have made more of an effort to see Slash the past couple of years up close when he was playing HOB and Hard Rock type size venues. Ticket prices are high, but they're going on on time and giving around 2.5 hours of music and playing some cool stuff. Fortus also does a great job and is a good fit next to Slash.

I think Izzy will really be missed if they actually record new songs. I really hope they do, but who knows at this point....
+1 on all of this. Izzy is the man but the show I saw was great. Fortus is about the best replacement I could think of too

Fenderesq

Big Izzy fan, after Ju Ju Hounds, Wave of Heat is my favorite, great music and Rick Richards is smoking.

Lost_Cause

I picked up the Ju Ju Hounds record on a whim for like a quarter at a resale shop years ago and was blown away by how good it was when I finally got around to playing it. He has a kind Ronnie Wood quality to him. Almost everything of his that I have found is really high quality.

scmavl

Enjoyer
Silver Supporting Member
I got the Juju Hounds album when it was released and it still holds up to this day, 25 years later. Just great songwriting.

Omega

I had tickets to see him at the Stone Pony in NJ when the first album came out. Unfortunately the show was cancelled and he didn't tour in the area afterward.

Snottyboy

By far rather see Izzy than current GnR. Ronnie Wood influence, definitely. Check out some of Ronnie's solo albums...great stuff there, too.