J Designs Extension Cab Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Craftmatic, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Craftmatic

Craftmatic Member

I ordered a 112 extension cab from Jeff Earl at J Designs and just received the finished product. Jeff was extremely patient with my extensive (and I'm sure tedious) decision making process about what woods to use, piping, grille cloth and several other details. He followed my instructions to a "T" and I have to say that I have never seen such impeccable workmanship in a speaker cab.The workmanship is crisp, clean and flawless. I put a Weber 12F150 in it and it sounds incredible with my Fargen BB 30 head. I got the BB in a trade for another head with a fellow TGP-er so this is my first dealing with Jeff. He matched the head cab exactly (which he also happened to build). Both are rock solid. Jeff's integrity as a builder, business man and human being is on par with the best of his peers if not a few notches above. As you can tell, I am one happy camper. It's just that I am so often disappointed with gear that I have custom ordered that I feel the need to give credit where credit is due, especially when my expectations are not only met but exceeded. Once again, thank you Jeff!

2. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

3. Craftmatic

Craftmatic Member

I know, I know. Will post tomorrow.

4. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

Congrats to you! You're gonna have a long, happy relationship with those instruments. Jeff did some really nice work on this combo cab he built for me when Ben put together one of the last Bordeaux's to leave the shop (also 30W). I've got it paired with a Port City 1/12OS extension cab. Bee's knees, it is.

[​IMG]

5. NicDo

NicDo Member

I have a J Design ported closed 1x12 to match my fuchs ODS 30 slx. perfect match, great look, and huge sound.