J Mascis “Elastic Days” Rig Rundown?

EXP

Supporting Member
Anyone want to take a stab at J’s board for the “Elastic Days” tour? It looks like he’s stepping on the new Fuzz Factory IMO. Just a guess that it’s a fuzz since he’s warming up with single note lines indicative of fuzzy leads/solos. Amp is a Vox AC-15. The other pedals I can’t make out for the life of me...

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
Far right: Waza Tuner
2nd from right: MAYBE a Hotcake? (Hard to tell...)
3rd from right: ADA PBF Flanger
2nd from left: Old style Janglebox Compressor

Those are my guesses and I'm sticking to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: EXP

EXP

Supporting Member
The pedal to the right of the Fuzz Factory 7 looks like a Strymon Flint but I can’t see for ****! :D

EXP

Supporting Member
Far right: Waza Tuner
2nd from right: MAYBE a Hotcake? (Hard to tell...)
3rd from right: ADA PBF Flanger
2nd from left: Old style Janglebox Compressor

Those are my guesses and I'm sticking to them.
I think you’re right about the ADA and Janglebox. Second from right is either a Hotcake or Fulltone OCD. J did use an OCD on the Farm album.

You can see it @ 19:24 mark:

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
I think you’re right about the ADA and Janglebox. Second from right is either a Hotcake or Fulltone OCD. J did use an OCD on the Farm album.

You can see it @ 19:24 mark:
Whoa cool video! I'll have to watch the whole thing.

The thing that made me think it was a Hotcake was the knob configuration. The OCD has a "downward facing triangle" sort of configuration. Plus J used to run a double Hotcake on one of his old boards so maybe (?)- just guessing though.

EXP

Supporting Member
Whoa cool video! I'll have to watch the whole thing.

The thing that made me think it was a Hotcake was the knob configuration. The OCD has a "downward facing triangle" sort of configuration. Plus J used to run a double Hotcake on one of his old boards so maybe (?)- just guessing though.
That’s a fair assumption given he’s using a Vox amp for clean pedal platform (acoustic solo) and Hotcakes love Voxes.:aok

He did use the Double Hotcake live circa 2011, but then replaced the Hotcake with the proto Double Rock I believe.

EXP

Supporting Member
Very cool! Thanks for the link! :aok

Well e-flat was right about the Janglebox and ADA PBF Flanger. What I thought was a Flint is actually his Zvex Lofi Loop Junky. Second from right is a Moog Minifooger Delay? Third from right is a Digitech Supernatural?

The pedal to the right in the OP isn’t in these set of photos. So maybe it was a delay that he swapped out for the Moog MF Delay?

cutonio

So it goes : Janglebox - Zvex Lofi Loop Junky - Zvex Fuzz Factory 7 - ADA Flanger - Moog MF Delay (or Trem) - Boss TU-3W

Reactions: EXP

Trending Topics