• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

J Rockett's The Dude vs Big bloom/Dumbloid

Or is the Dumbloid more like a Zendrive? These are very subjective comparisons, especially worded that way. It might be more helpful if you could mention specifically what you're looking for and what positives and negatives you may have experienced with D-style pedals up to now. Otherwise, prepare to get a whole lot of conflicting advice.

donfrantz

Yo! You stealin’ all the cool.
Gold Supporting Member
Just got a Dumbloid--I have a Dude and a Zendrive. I love them all. Used the Dumloid at my last practice and it was wonderful--staying on the board for sure. I'll try to do a decent comparison soon.

Dalton Ochs

Or is the Dumbloid more like a Zendrive? These are very subjective comparisons, especially worded that way. It might be more helpful if you could mention specifically what you're looking for and what positives and negatives you may have experienced with D-style pedals up to now. Otherwise, prepare to get a whole lot of conflicting advice.
I've nver used a D-style pedal, only have listened to demo's. I like sound the dumbloid and the Dude, never was a real big fan of the zen drive. But to me the dumble style pedals seem to better the marshall based pedals because their not real bassy and seem like it would be a great match with my great match with my 66 bandmaster for what I play. I play alot of my morning jacket, Zepplin, some blues like Hendrix, steepwater band, Gary Clark junior, and SRV. I also play some country. My current overdrive is a JHS moonshine and wanting something with a bit different flavor of overdrive. and the Dumble style seemed like a good choice.

As a general case, D-style pedals are known for having more bass than Marshall-based ones, not less. In fact, one of the most common concerns players have with them is the ability to dial out some of the bass.

pfflam

I just got a Big Bloom and I like it a lot - it is pretty grainy but sounds great - I have yet to have time to really explore it - but I can't wait

I had an old Howie pedal way back - and I liked it as well - I should not have sold it- but it had a very very slight but definitely noticeable farty bass undertone that once I noticed it (thanks to TGP for helping me look in that direction) I could not not notice it.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
I love my 7 knob Howie (use through a DRRI with all pup-types).

It is not farty in my experience. The bass knob is very functional.

When I a/b'd it vs. the Zendrive and Euphoria (both great pedals), I could nail their tone and still had substantial tonal range to navigate settings-wise.

I haven't tried the Dude or Big Bloom.

Trending Topics