Jack and Ginger

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by fatback, Mar 10, 2008.

1. fatback

fatback Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6913729323439479478&hl=en

Here's a bit of jamming with an Old World '61 S style loaded with a set of Budz pickups. I'm using an Akai Headrush2 for the scratch guitar rhythm. For the lead I'm using a Lovepedal Balance with a COT50 into a Valveboy and through a Princeton reverb.

The title of the vid references the dance couple as well as the cocktail, (Jack Daniels with ginger ale, a favorite of Kieth Richards.)

;)

2. AndrewSimon

AndrewSimon Member

Cool as usual... but I'm so used to see you with a Tele, it almost feels like something is wrong... LOL

:AOK:AOK

3. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Hey fatback how would you compare the Old World 61 to your Lentz?

4. fatback

fatback Member

They are pretty different, yet I really dig them both. The Lentz has a capped maple neck, an ultra lightweight 1-piece ash body, and no relicing. The Old World has a heavily reliced slab-board neck and is a little bit heavier. Both guitars get a cool vintagey tone with a lot of woodiness and great clarity. Due to the slab board and weight, the Old World seems a little tighter on the low notes while the Lentz has a bit more bloom and focus around the higher notes. Both are awesome instruments and put big smiles on my face when I play them.

:dude

5. enchan-ted

enchan-ted Member

Love it!!

However, if I bought gear based on how it sounds when you are using it, I would be penniless and probably divorced.

Brilliant as always is what I'm trying to say.

6. fatback

fatback Member

cheers enchan-ted. :BEER

here's another quick one with the same scratch-guitar rhythm loop, but a much different feel

Painless Dentistry (and other oxymorons)
    (it looks like the upload canned the final note.:jo )

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8372487112969677159&hl=en

this was recorded in honor of, (and while still under the effects from,) my emergency root canal last week.:messedup