Jack at Prescription Electronics is...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SteveGaines, Jan 30, 2008.

1. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

First Class!....Bought a Prescription Electronics UniVibe from Rock Block in Nashville, Tennessee...When I got it..IT WOULDN"T WORK...Sounded like a Cheesy Chorus...I boxed it up...sent it back and they told me my OSOLATER(spelling?) was burned out...So they said they would send it BACK to Prescription and let Jack fix it...since they DIDN"T have another one in stock...So I called Jack and told him my problem...He didn't HESITATE or FLINCH when I told him what was going on...He said..." I WILL BUILD YOU A NEW ONE AND SEND IT TO YOU"....No arguing, no hassling, no 20 questions...He just asked me..."Did you use the power supply that was sent with the pedal"..I said yes..He said " I will have Rock Block send it to me...in the mean time I will build you a NEW PEDAL...and MAKE SURE IT IS WORKING AND DIALED IN and SEND IT TO YOU ...Not ROCK BLOCK...

First time I have ever dealt with Jack and I was very pleased...He said "You have already PAID FOR YOUR PEDAL....YOU SHOULD HAVE IT...So it will SHIP TOMORROW....Don't know if anyone else has dealt with Jack before...But I wish EVERY OTHER business was as easy to deal with as he was....First class organization in my book....:AOK

2. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

That's old fashioned and out of style.That's the old American way of doing business.

falcopryor likes this.
  3. Curly

Curly Member

there was a recent thread asking, "why don't we hear prescription mentioned more often?"

that story says more a lot about him

4. dcmak5

dcmak5 Member

Awesome. On the side note, Rock Block has a really nice pedal selection.

5. SteveGaines

SteveGaines Member

Drexel at Rock Block said "If we had another one, we would send it to you..But we don't so we will HAVE TO SEND THIS ONE BACK"..So in the mean time I called Jack and told him the problem...None of this..Well you BOUGHT IT FROM ROCK BLOCK..so DEAL WITH THEM...The guy said..."Let me call ROCK BLOCK AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR OLD ONE ON THE WAY"....In the MEAN TIME I WILL BUILD YOU A NEW ONE And PERSONALLY CHECK IT OUT AND MAKE SURE IT IS WORKING AND SEND IT TO YOU...YOU PAID FOR IT...YOU NEED YOUR PEDAL....In this day and age of "Talking to Computers...or getting the run around... It was like a BREATH OF FRESH AIR to deal with Jack at Prescription....The guy STAND BEHINDS HIS PRODUCT....:dude

6. Pasty White

Pasty White Member

Jack was great when I had an issue w/my Rx Overdriver. A-1 service indeed.

7. meterman

meterman Member

The Rx Germ is still one of the best sounding boosts I've ever heard

8. throbert

throbert Member

He took care of me when I had issues with my Vibe Unit. It's nice to see that kind of good customer when he didn't have to do anything.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  9. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Agree. Jack is a great guy. I still use my original swirly Vibe-Unit I got from him and a swirly RX Overdriver. They sound amazing, and nothing has knocked them off my boards.

I still have the Grem prototype--it is a one knobber that sounds wonderful but it is temp sensitive. My first PE pedal was one of the first Experiences---stil have it, but no room on my board. I was one of Jack's first customers and did a few ads for him as well.

10. dcmak5

dcmak5 Member

I'm on my 2nd Rx Overdriver (sold the first and had to have it back) it's not going anywhere...
    got them both at rock block too
    it's great company that has always deserved to be one of the "big, NPD, honeymoon phase, flavor of the month" names on TGP

11. James

James Member

I've also had great customer service from Jack at Prescription Electronics. Great guy, fantastic pedals. Top notch! :dude

12. corn husk bag

corn husk bag Supporting Member

PE is a great company with excellent pedals!

Steve

13. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

The Germ is the boost that survived my downsizing. I've had possibly 20 boosts over the years and the Germ is the bad boy that takes on all comers. My Klon was sweeter and fatter but the Germ is big, bold and has the extra gain setting as well.

I think PE is possibly the most underrated of the boutiques.

14. dcmak5

dcmak5 Member

and people always seem to overlook the Yardbox, it's up there with any of the big $ TB's

15. Tonal Comfort

Tonal Comfort Supporting Member

I also have an old swirly Vibe-Unit. It ended my vibe search. I also love my COB for a flexible octave sound. And I loved playing through my cousin's Experience pedal back when it first came out circa '94. The Yardbox is still on my shortlist of pedals to acquire! So glad Prescription is still around and churning out pedals!

16. HBob

HBob Member

The Yardbox is one of maybe three pedals that I regret selling. I need to own one of those again. Very cool fuzz.