Jack Deville Mod Zero vs Eventide Modfactor

Rock72

Anyone tried both? Which did you prefer? Not so much interested in the whole analog vs digital debate, just sound quality.

modfactor by far. my experience with the mod zero was less than favourable. the TZF was great, don't get me wrong. the chorus and the flange were okay. the thing that turned me off it was the fact that my top end got completely sapped. :(

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
modfactor by far. my experience with the mod zero was less than favourable. the TZF was great, don't get me wrong. the chorus and the flange were okay. the thing that turned me off it was the fact that my top end got completely sapped. :(
^ this exactly

Sold it and bought a Modfactor and couldn't be happier :aok

edgie

I had the Mod Zero. I find that its headroom is quite low(I powered it only with 9v, didn't try with higher voltage) so it clips easily when you put even just a medium gain in front of it. Since the effects on it share the same EQ and no presets to store patches into, you have to adjust the parameters again everytime you switch effects.

SteelyDannyBoy

Gold Supporting Member
Well, these replies certainly give me something solid on which to go.
I see some artists like Adrian Belew and Tony Levin use some of Jack's units, though the site doesn't state which ones.
(Artist listings are good, but not necessarily definitive to me).

I found others here who thought the Modfactor was a bit cold/sterile/soulless; any thoughts there? Anyone try a Modfactor and A/DA Flanger? (With apologies to the OP for extending the discussion - I can start a new thread if he wishes).

i ended up with a boss hf-2. does a great flange, a great tzf-woosh (without the orgasm part though), and a decent chorus-flange. and only for $70. this is after going through a paul gilbert flanger, strymon orbit, tce vortex and mod zero. you owe it to yourself to pick one of these bad boys up if you're stuck on flange.

Trending Topics