jack to jack connectors BETWEEN PEDALS

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KTT, Oct 3, 2008.

1. KTT

KTT Member

Ok i have a run of three digitech harwire pedals and i really dont see the point in patch cables, or making them up,where can i get some really good quality jack to jack connectors from? they take up zero space and i can imagine they make a really good connection,any info would be great thanks!:eek:

2. waveydb

waveydb Supporting Member

Jack to Jack connectors will wear out the jacks on your pedals because when you step on a pedal, it puts pressure on the jacks of the others next to it. Don't do it!

3. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

Yep, even on perfectly matched pedals, avoid them like the plague. They break the jacks in your pedals. That little bit of flex every time you step on a pedal adds up in the long run.

4. KTT

KTT Member

Thats something i never thought of! well what if you have the pedal velco down and held firmly in place?

5. GuitarToma

GuitarToma Silver Supporting Member

ditto man - been there done that. Doesn't matter how tight and snug. It'll kill your pedals.

6. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

It is not the fact that they are not secure on the board. It really has to do with the pressure from you stepping on the pedal making it's connections uneven. It doesn't seem like much stress at first but, they will go bad.

7. KTT

KTT Member

Ok thanks for the replies everybody,i think i will stick with my george L patch leads

8. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I've been using a couple of them for a while, I have 3 Boss pedals in my loop the pedals are secured with velcro and there is not much play between the pedals so the connectors are lined up very well. Never had a problem and dont anticipate any I would recommend trying them if your pedals are the same and mounted snuggly on a pedalboard!