• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Jack White on SNL...

Bozak

He could use a better drummer, not into that wacky setup, look at me! I'm different!

But I like Jack's sloppy live vibe, it's real and garage-y, the solo lost me though, too I don't know what, predictable?

I think the only reason I've never been a fan is the songs, forgettable, boring lyrics, he's just an OK singer for me.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
He could use a better drummer, not into that wacky setup, look at me! I'm different!

But I like Jack's sloppy live vibe, it's real and garage-y, the solo lost me though, too I don't know what, predictable?

I think the only reason I've never been a fan is the songs, forgettable, boring lyrics, he's just an OK singer for me.
Jack White couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag. Like I said, I've tried real hard to like him. It's no use.

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Jack White couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag. Like I said, I've tried real hard to like him. It's no use.
Bro, you’ve been here since ‘08 and have got 17k+ posts to your credit.
With a body count like that I don’t think you’re trying to do anything “real hard” besides posting on TGP.
:horse
Less posting, more listening to music.

John Quinn

Nope as poltergeists don’t exist and I don’t own any Joe B music. I think he plays too many notes for a blues guy but hey I’m glad you like him. I much prefer Jack White’s raw rock and roll sensibilities compared to Joe B’s Bluz Hammer approach. I was just stating my opinion as everyone else was in this post. Cheers!
What's your point of going all negative on someone whose not part of the thread? I find the digs at artist people don't appreciate depressing.

steve13281

What's your point of going all negative on someone whose not part of the thread? I find the digs at artist people don't appreciate depressing.
I wasn’t the one who brought him into the discussion, someone else commented comparing Joe B to Jack White and I replied to that comment. There’s been quite a bit of negativity thrown at Jack White in this thread, you don’t seem to be too upset about that. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, you like Joe B and that’s cool with me. It would be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same thing. Cheers!

John Quinn

I wasn’t the one who brought him into the discussion, someone else commented comparing Joe B to Jack White and I replied to that comment. There’s been quite a bit of negativity thrown at Jack White in this thread, you don’t seem to be too upset about that. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, you like Joe B and that’s cool with me. It would be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same thing. Cheers!
My opinion of Bonamassa was not stated - and you are right there has been some critiques of Jack White - only a scant few said something negative - most were like me - we like his playing in general - but don't like where he is going on SNL.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
Bro, you’ve been here since ‘08 and have got 17k+ posts to your credit.
With a body count like that I don’t think you’re trying to do anything “real hard” besides posting on TGP.
:horse
Less posting, more listening to music.
What does that mean for me?

steve13281

My opinion of Bonamassa was not stated - and you are right there has been some critiques of Jack White - only a scant few said something negative - most were like me - we like his playing in general - but don't like where he is going on SNL.
I generally try to stay away from putting down other musicians. Blowing out another’s candle doesn’t make yours shine brighter as they say so I’m sorry I said anything bad about Joe B. I certainly didn’t mean to ruin this discussion with my snarky comment. There’s room for both Joe B and Jack White and thank God for that. Cheers!

spakuloid

Oh if anybody needs it I tabbed it out for you. Here it is:

Nonsese nonsese nonsese wheedlywheedlyweedlyweedlyWHEEEEEEEEEEE...WEEDLY WEEDLYweedlynonsense blah blah blah blah WheeeeeeeedlyweedlyweedlyWHEEEEEEE.... TAPPYTAPPYTAPPYCRAPPYTAPPY wheedlywheedly....

flatdream

Silver Supporting Member
Watching the 1st song I was litteraly like "they didn t do their homework" but they re good enough musicians to get a groove...then learned they ve been called 48h before and that all make sense though.

flatdream

Silver Supporting Member
hahaha! jeezus hellzaboppin christ!
rock n roll ain't supposed to be perfect
doin' homework is the antithesis of rock n roll
not about perfection but about rehearsal and a show to put on. Which usualy Jack white is very about.
JW is one of this artist that have worked very hard on putting his shows together and cares a lot about his apearances and want to design his performances. He s a control freak and this time you can tell he didn t worked as much on this as usual. nothing to do with the rock n roll imperfection state of mind nor even the music itself.

Trending Topics