Jack White's new customized Telecaster with the Raconteurs (Identification help needed)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BigDiceBuddha, Jul 26, 2019.

1. GeorgeNada

GeorgeNada Member

That works great on a Gibson or Tele custom, most Teles only have a master volume and master tone though so it makes it a little more difficult.

2. thomas4th

thomas4th Member

Not to mention it renders one pickup useless for as long as you want access to the kill switch.

GeorgeNada likes this.
  3. Boltagon

Boltagon Member

Having a bunch of sorta anachronistic gadgets on a guitar is pretty Jack White.

4. Miroslav L

Miroslav L Member

I'm just glad he's not doing the singing. :D

5. jammybastard

jammybastard "I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."

They flew me in to direct the IMAG screens for tonight’s show at the Greek, I’ve worked with JW since 2006, so I hope you enjoy it.

stanshall and donfrantz like this.
  6. stanshall

stanshall Member

in the back of a dream car twenty foot long
    /\ saw this post as soon as I got home ... well the video work was stellar, I was remarking that to myself all night, the black and white television effect was very rock and roll, I enjoyed the show ... Jack got some good tones when he was playing that Acoustasonic Telecaster and I also liked it when he used the stutter switch on the electric Telecaster ... have seen him before, he rocked then too, this was completely different material

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  7. jammybastard

Def true. Thx for the compliment.
    Being a guitarist I try to take a lot of closeups of the gear. The B&W is something we do for all of JW’s show. When I directed the Racs at Lolla and ACL 10+ yrs ago we did a sepia look on the screens but B&W is easier so that’s what we went with.
    It was a killer show. Having Josh Homme & Money Mark jam on “Blue Veins” was cool.

8. jammybastard

BTW - “Blue Veins” was particularly epic with both Money Mark (Beasties -keys) and Josh Homme joining in .
    Josh played JW’s copper LP Custom.

I did notice that JW has killswitches on all his guitars except the Les Paul.