1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jackie Green - Bogner Goldfinger 45

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Holliman, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Holliman

Holliman Triad Abuser

You might have seen this but I love the tone he's getting from the Goldfinger. It's on my short list to buy. Might as well, I've bought every other amp ever invented. Thanks TGP...

reddog112, bryan83 and la noise like this.
  2. stratjim

stratjim Member

saw jackie at the belly up with joan osborne and their band and was amazed at how talented this guy is! great lead guitar, slide guitar, organ, piano and sings very well. he does it all. i was impressed.

Elantric, amphog and cheapgtrs like this.
  3. stratoskier

stratoskier Member

Yes, I really like what he does, too. I saw him at a dinky club in Montana about 8-10 years ago and was impressed with everything he did. Great songwriter, great on acoustic or electric, soulful vocals... He's pretty much got the whole package going on. And yeah, that Bogner clip sounded terrific!

stratjim likes this.
  4. Knaggster57

Knaggster57 Member

I own a Goldfinger 45 and also a 6L6 Shiva. I didn’t think anything could top those Shiva cleans, but the Goldfinger May even be better. Very versatile amp. I’d also consider the Goldfinger 54 Phi since it has both 6L6 and 6V6 tubes. I’d love to try one.

5. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I was front and center for Black Crowes a few years ago and he was 7 feet in front of me. Great player. He was playing old Marshalls at the time.

6. handyman11

handyman11 Silver Supporting Member

I've seen Jackie 3-4 times, and a different amp each time (Fender Blackface, Marshall, Orange stack at Hunter Mountain festival) , always sounded good ...

Love when he plays the Sugaree cover...