Jackson Ampworks Newcastle 30 vs Scarlet 30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rick57, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Rick57

Rick57 Member

Going to be playing in a band that is covering a lot of early Beatles -Tom Petty- Chuck Berry - etc type of Music. I currently have a D-13 BTR 23 ( Which Rocks)- But looking for more of the AC-30ish Tone.

I have listen to the You-tube reviews and from my ears it sounds as though the Scarlet is more Voxish then the Newcastle 30 is. Spoken with 2 Dealers who both say there's very little difference other then EQ controls. How true of a statement is that? Other then the fact all I can find in the Scarlet is Red. I am really leaning towards that amp.

What of the British 30 : I am only thinking Jackson Amp-works. That's what I have narrowed the sound I want down to.

2. flopman

flopman Member

The newcastle is voxish. But still different. Has more bass presence too me. I have not tried the Scarlett or britain though.

3. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

The Newcastle 30 and Scarlett 30 are two very different tones. I have both and use both..... However both can get you the Vox tone. One is more simple and the other is a hot rodded top boost.

The cleans on both amps are very glassy and crystal clear. The overdrive on the Newcastle 30 is a bit round and warm while the Scarlett to me cuts more and can do more aggressive stuff when needed.

If you want simple, go the Newcastle 30..... If you want more tonal capabilities go Scarlett 30. BOTH amps are incredible!