Jackson Ampworks seems to be really stepping up!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Cgkindler, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

I've been considering letting my Two Rock Studio Pro 22 go, so I can help fund a move back home, and I've been looking at amps I'd replace it with down the road.

I've always been interested in JAW, and man, they;ve got at least 3 new models - the McFly, Fullerton and Bakersfield.....wowza.

The Bakersfield is WAY too overpowered for my needs. The McFly WAS my front runnerm but after listening to the Fullerton, I think I may have something else to distract me at work! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLv18G9eZAQ]

Thoughts? Not only on Jackson I guess, but a great, somewhat compact TR SP 22 replacement should I find a happy home for it?

2. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

The more I think - the more I WANT A FULLERTON!!

Man, $3000 for the combo - yikes. Gotta pay to play though. Does anyone have this amp and have a little vid of this amp with pedals through it?

3. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

I don't own a Fullerton, but I LOVE the McFly. Definitely a Swiss army knife of American tones. That amp gives me the ability to have almost nothing for a pedalboard. The tap tempo trem on the Fullerton and Bakersfield is really killer!
    Either way you won't go wrong!

4. VESmedic

VESmedic Member

Oh my god...I watched that 20 minute review by tubbs of the McFly... This could be the greatest sounding fender style amp I've heard in years if not ever. And what an amazing design... I'm a kemper guy but my god I have no gas'd for an amp like that in years... I need this amp in my life, sounds unbelievable to me, wow.

5. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Yeah - both of them sound amazing...

Now I'm almost HOPING someone finds my TR on Craigslist!!

Though, man, have you seen the prices of the new Two Rock Studio Pros??? $2999?!

Of course that's a plus model with two additional push/pull EQ pots and a trem....but, wow.

Good time to be alive me thinks....(and have a pocket full of money!! lol)

6. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

The thing I love about the McFly is that it sounds massive when you crank it. The OD is clear and articulate and yet can get real swampy and gritty and the low end stays super tight and full. Zero flabbiness.... Then clean it up with the volume knob and you're set. I use one boost pedal to kick the front end a little harder and that's about it!
    I'll be getting a Bakersfield in the next several months for the massive clean power/Fender Twin vibe.
    I can't say enough good about JA....... Looking forward to seeing what they do in 2015-2016! ����

7. JacksonAmpworks

JacksonAmpworks Member

8. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Happy to make the thread man - you're amps are awesome and I want one SOOOOOO bad!

9. JacksonAmpworks

JacksonAmpworks Member

Your kindness isn't lost on me. We really do appreciate it. :)

Just a headsup, we'll be shipping the first of the Fullerton's and Bakersfields by the end of March 2015. It's been a long road getting them ready for production but they are better amps by leaps and bounds than they were when we first debuted them at Summer NAMM.