Jackson PC1 with Titanium "upgrades"

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
I've been wanting a PC1 for a long time. The neck is amazing! I should have bought one years ago now that new prices are mid $4k. I came across a used 2012 that has titanium "upgrades." See pics. It's in excellent shape and babied. I would not be able to play on it before purchase as it is out of state.

What would you pay for it? What is the cost of the titanium parts? What to expect in regards to tone, staying in tune, intonation, playability, wearability etc?
IMG_7694.jpg
IMG_7696.jpg
IMG_7695.jpg

IMG_7697.jpg
IMG_7698.jpg
IMG_7696.jpg

HankScorpio

Silver Supporting Member
That’s a good amount of money in FU Tone products, they certainly aren’t cheap. That said, I wouldn’t pay any premium for them on a used guitar. Original Floyd Rose hardware is already high quality and the only thing that may have any impact on the tone will be the block. The rest is cosmetic with potential longevity increase on parts, although many old Floyd’s are still going strong without any titanium.

TheWhigs

Its a tough call. The only used one's I've seen are on Reverb for about $3k. Maybe that would be your price point?

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
That’s a good amount of money in FU Tone products, they certainly aren’t cheap. That said, I wouldn’t pay any premium for them on a used guitar. Original Floyd Rose hardware is already high quality and the only thing that may have any impact on the tone will be the block. The rest is cosmetic with potential longevity increase on parts, although many old Floyd’s are still going strong without any titanium.

Agreed. I still have Floyds from the late 80's and 1990 that have all original working parts.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom