Jackson Soloist neck profile?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by swiveltung, Apr 26, 2016.

1. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

What's it like, flat and thin?

2. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

My 06 has a 1 11/16 nut width ... Neck Dimensions measure - 3rd fret: .790″, 12th fret: .850" with A compound (12″ to 16″) radius.

3. Cody

Cody Well, look who’s undead! Silver Supporting Member

I used to own a late '80s one. Thin, wide neck. The nut was 1 11/16, like a Gibson, but for some reason it felt wider - uncomfortably wide for me, in fact. It ended up being my main reason for selling it.

4. iced_earth

iced_earth Supporting Member

Not as flat/thin as an Ibanez Wizard neck.

I've tried about 7 or 8 Soloists and they range from U shaped with broad shoulders and fairly flat to C shaped with less shoulders and some curve. I personally prefer the more C shaped necks I've played, but I'm sure many prefer flatter.

The specs clmazza are what Jackson has listed on their website. I've measured 1.67 - 1.73 at the nut, .78 - .85 at the first fret, and .84 - .88 at the 12th

5. iced_earth

iced_earth Supporting Member

Probably had very broad shoulders that make the neck feel much wider than the nut width would indicate. I've returned a couple of Soloists that felt like that.