Jacques Aquamarine ( Any Experience? )

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ommy, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Ommy

Ommy Member

Hi all, do any of you own the Jacques Aquamarine pedal? Has anyone played it? I emailed Jacques about this pedal, and I found out that it costs a pretty penny. I am interested in getting one and would like to hear your opinions/reviews.

2. theelectic

theelectic Guest

3. Ommy

Ommy Member

Yeah, he mentions the tonebender sound in the description, but I'm more interested in the cascading Santana stuff. He said he used a strat in the treble position for the clips, which is good news to me; I want to use this pedal with my strat to get the thicker type of sounds.

4. Ommy

Ommy Member

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

i have found that even jaques higher produced stuff like the FB-2 and meistersinger are a little rare anywhere.... especially the original hand made units you speak of.. but i would trust jacques i hear his Wercer box and Mercer box are insane good fuzzes and i had his FB-2 which was nice. Resale is piss poor though :( soundclips of the aquamarine were nice.

6. sage97

sage97 Member

I've inquired about Jacques pedals here in the past and there were very few responses.

I have his TB and FB2 and like them. They sound good and seem to be well built but they're not irreplaceable.

I still have them but would have no second thoughts about selling them if a buyer comes along.

7. Ommy

Ommy Member

Hey Sage, are those pedals the handmade units? Also, do they sound like the clips?

8. sage97

sage97 Member

Sound very much like the clips but can't tell if they are the handmade ones.

9. Ommy

Ommy Member

10. sage97

sage97 Member

In that case, no they're not.

11. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

i had a FB 2 that was real nice, but i sold it needed money to pay for a handmade fuzz :) though that FB2 can get mean as hell

12. jgyn

jgyn Member

I'm as happy as a clam (in a pool of vodka) with my Mercer Box 2.