Jacques Stompboxes Electric Sheep Discrete Overdrive demo

Discussion in 'Pedals and Effects Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by harrymaes, Apr 29, 2015.

1. harrymaes

harrymaes Member

Here's a new video demo for the boutique Electric Sheep Discrete Overdrive from Jacques Stompboxes. Very nice overdrive pedal, open sounding on every level of gain and a unique set of controls bringing you a unique tone from tube amp like response to classic overdrive tones with a fuzzy character on higher gain! Check it out and let me know what you think?

2. Dave LaP

Dave LaP Member

Great playing and tone. I think its very representative of how it truly sounds. I am digging mine. It's a very musical sounding OD. It's not boxy or closed sounding. A really really nice pedal.

3. harrymaes

harrymaes Member

Thanks for your reply, good to hear that my video represents how your experience with the Electric Sheep is as well!

I agree that it's an open sounding pedal with a wide range. The versatility in character and tonal response is a nice option as well.

4. alane011

alane011 Supporting Member

Just ordered one direct through Jacques in France - cheaper due to the Euro/US conversion and he has it. He said its sold out in the US but he didnt realize most stateside folks have the GP stompbox review edition by now.

5. harrymaes

harrymaes Member

Thanks for the tip!

6. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

Bought one 2 days ago. Very impressed by this pedal: covers clean boost to mid-gain distortion. The controls are quite original and allows to make the tone more or less bright, beefy, full in the mids in a very creative way. That pedals *feels* good to play, in any settings.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  7. harrymaes

harrymaes Member

Great, thanks for your feedback!

8. alane011

alane011 Supporting Member

Just spent time with it. Its a loud and full sound for 9v. There is that slightly
    fuzzy vibe but only in certain settings and i actually like it.
    Very versatile with the HB/SC and 70/80 knobs also. Very open sounding. I was a'bing
    it with my 18v OCD and the OCD was a bit sharper but also more compressed sounding. At similar
    volume/gain settings I needed a another boost pedal(Red Snapper) with the OCD to get closer
    to the Electric Sheep level.

I like it a lot -
    Andrew

9. harrymaes

harrymaes Member

Great to hear Andrew!

10. papersoul

papersoul Member

Any comparison to other pedals some of us may be familiar with, Fulltone, Bogner, Suhr, Wampler, Xotic, etc??? Thanks!