jaguar HH...worth it?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mcboyle, May 19, 2011.

1. mcboyle

mcboyle Member

anyone have one of these and just love it? i dont have a music stor close by so i cant just go play one.

pros and cons?

2. ReginaldBisquet

ReginaldBisquet Member

Worth it...

[​IMG]

Solid construction, fun to mod, chicks dig it. Mine is Japanese and has a 9.5" neck radius.

3. Devin

Devin Low Voltage Supporting Member

I purchased one before they started importing them in gun-metal blue. It was a cool guitar and i kinda wish i had kept it.........:cry:

especially now that i saw that pic with the filtertron.

4. fishlog

fishlog Supporting Member

I'm considering getting this one. My local guitar shop let me take it home to demo it on my own gear (I bet they don't let you do that at...), so many thanks to them.

[​IMG]

What I dont like is the scale length... I had a Jaguar about 5 years ago (Antigua Green, why did I let you go!) And remember not having a problem with the scale length maybe I just need to get use to it.

The Tune-0-Matic Bridge is a major improvement for me I cant stress that enough. And the Humbuckers are pretty hot and you can really get a lot of sounds.

I think it would make a great stage guitar because you can get those big Humbucker tones and also those that Fender-y jangle and clarity.

I'm really liking it.

5. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

If I remember rightly there are two scale lengths available or where available recently, the original shorter scale length and a longer standard (25.5") scale length.

6. fishlog

fishlog Supporting Member

I don't think I have ever heard of a Jag with a 25.5 scale length. Jazzmaster's have that area covered.

7. zastruga

zastruga Member

The other one you're thinking of was a baritone. 28.5" scale-length