Jaguar Twin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Creighton, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Creighton

Creighton Member

2. lostpoet2

lostpoet2 Supporting Member

Gearmanndude used one in some pedal demos a few years back and I thought it sounded pretty good.

3. Creighton

Creighton Member

I like that is has a class A/AB switch to go from 30 - 45 watts, a master volume, brilliance control and also a mid control. Looking at it specifically as a combo that is portalbe, has extra headroom for louder situations, warm and transparent, and also takes pedals well. Seems to sound like a hybrid of a Fender/Vox/Marshall; still has a fast response that I like, not as squishy as a blackface, but not as hard a tone as a Marshall. Premier guitar gives it a great review.

4. Creighton

Creighton Member

No Jaguar owners or players here?

5. motokev

motokev Member

So, did you try one ?
    You are correct about the fast response. But, its not to fast just perfect. I think the MASTER works well also, being able to get a great tone at LOW volume.
    Why the JAGUAR amps are not as popular as other boutique on TGP baffles me. Maybe he needs to get his amps out there more. They are difficult to find and try. I accidentally found the one I have. I had never even herd of them.
    But, some local guy was selling one. So, I went over and tried it. I couldn't believe how great it sounded. There are one or two guys on TGP that own other Jaguar amps. They love them just as much as I do.