Jaguar Twin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ecbluesman54, May 20, 2008.

1. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Interesting write up in the most recent Premier Guitar on the Jaguar Twin. It seemd they were very impressed by it.
    Anybody have any experience with Jaguar Amps?

2. jw112

jw112 Member

bump, i would like to know too

3. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Not much talk of them yet from owners, but great reviews.

4. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

I was intrigued by that article as well...and it said we didn't talk about them on the Gear Page....

5. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

It looks like they were right about no conversation on TGP. I first posted the topic back in May, and haven't really heard much more.

6. GA19RVT

GA19RVT Member

I've heard one. It was OK. I think Premier Guitar gives over the top love in their reviews sometimes.

7. PFCG

PFCG Member

8. pharriswheel

pharriswheel Member

I did post a reveiw over in the "Harmony Central" forum and promptly got "flamed" for spamming??? The thread was locked by the moderator,(who is an amp builder, must have felt threatened?).
    There were no other motives other than I rehearsed, then gig with the Jaguars! And liked them.
    But I'll try here. Seems like The Gear Page has a much more genuine following of "mature" musicians.

Both myself (rhythm guitar) and Jim (our lead guitarist) have been playing gigs through a few different models of Jaguars. Thanks Henry for the "loaners"!
    Jim really likes the Jaguar Jr. (and so does Joe Walsh, Jaguar owner).
    I have played thru the Jaguar Twin, Jaguar Lead, and Jaguar Jr. Love them all! The Twin is a great all around amp for rhythm with lots a "punch" to cut through the mix.

My favorite Jaguar is a "prototype" that Henry built called the "Retro". 4 EL84, Master Vol, Bass, Treble. Volume. Simple, but to the point. Not sure if Henry is going make these in production? But I want one!
    Our bass player, LJ, played thru a Jaguar 200 bass amp a few months ago. He sounded great. He normaly uses a Mesa 400+

The build quality of these amps is exceptional! And they look great on stage too! I find that on stage, in a live enviroment, most of the controls are set at "straight up" (halfway). This gives you the option of adding or subtracting to get the sweet spot for the given room, but rarely need to. Henry has realy worked hard to make that happen.
    I have been playing for 35 years and have an extensive amp collection, from a 1946 Magnatone, 50's & 60's Fenders (almost every model), late 70's Roland JC120 & JC77, Vox's, Marshalls, and soon a Jaguar!
    These amps ROCK! -- Ask questions if needed, but please don't flame, only post if you have something to contribute.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  9. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

10. Bobbofallenstar

Bobbofallenstar Member

[​IMG]

Henry let us use two of his amps for a couple high profile gigs we had recently. I used the Retro as well and now I'm getting the first production model Retro!! Gregg (other guitarist in my band) got to use the Jag Twin that was reviewed in Premier Guitar and now he's getting one of his own as well.

I loved the Retro. Oh, the pic above is of the Retro prototype. The one I'm getting is going to be in dark green tolex with the cane grillcloth.

Just a couple more weeks until I get it!!

Did I mention they sound killer too? Just a wide open sound. I had the retro next to a recent AC30 and man, it just killed it! It has chime, it has bite - it cleans up easy. AND - Henry is just a super amazing guy to hang out and talk to.

11. motokev

motokev Member

I own a Jaguar Twin, extremely good amp. This is what I like....

1. The SMOOTH GAIN. Its one of the FEW amps where I actually love the GAIN.
    2. The MASTER works extremely well. I can turn that MASTER down to almost ZERO, and the amp still sounds amazing
    3. Big FULL TONE ! at LOW volume ! I think the cab plays a big part here......
    4. Option to switch from Vox (class A) to Marshall JTM 45 (class A/B)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  12. Jaguar Amps

Jaguar Amps Member

Hey guys! Will here from Jaguar, just wanted to make myself available if you guys had any questions about the amplifiers! Be on the lookout too, we are sending in another amplifier for review to premier guitar soon!

All the best.

Will

13. motokev

motokev Member

I just bought a Jaguar Junior. Man, what a great amp, very vintage voxy chimy. I still have beloved Jaguar Twin. I'll never sell either one.