Jam 2002 !!!

ToneZappa

"JAM 2002" Was for a competition, they send you the backing and you solo over it. So I only played the solo guitar in the middle (from the intro to the end).
The guitar was a JJ Hucke (custom built disaster) into a BOSS GT-5 for distortion, delay and reverb only then a PALMER PDI-05 Stereo speaker simulator into the Hard Drive. At the time of recording I had a virus and felt hardly alive. And on the final take, last note I through up just missing the desk and pedal. (still had the guitar on so it was widdley, widdley splat !!!)
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6292056
This is rock guitar but it starts to stray away from the norm as it goes along. :worried

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Absolutely Killing playing ... killing ....
This is 2002 Bub... are you like ... better then this now...???

You should be featured on Vai's Favored Nation's label
or something like that ... Need your own instrumental rock power trio..
or have you been there & done that already ....?

Bud... that's too good ...:jo

Texsunburst59

Bub I really enjoyed this track. You had a really nice funky rock groove happening. That was some nice fluid playing with just the right amount of singing overdrive. Top notch stuff for sure.:D

"JAM 2002" Was for a competition, they send you the backing and you solo over it. So I only played the solo guitar in the middle (from the intro to the end).
The guitar was a JJ Hucke (custom built disaster) into a BOSS GT-5 for distortion, delay and reverb only then a PALMER PDI-05 Stereo speaker simulator into the Hard Drive. At the time of recording I had a virus and felt hardly alive. And on the final take, last note I through up just missing the desk and pedal. (still had the guitar on so it was widdley, widdley splat !!!)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zok42zbm3i
This is rock guitar but it starts to stray away from the norm as it goes along. :worried

Hey Bub, you know I love you playing, but the accompanying visual is quite disturbing. As my favorite imitative existential German talk show host, Dieter, says: "Your agony is gorgeous!" Seriously, I wish your lead were mixed a tad bit hotter so I could steel some of your licks! I'm having a hard time hearing some of the stuff as I'm a bit under the weather myself. Again, really fine job!

ToneZappa

Hey Bub, you know I love you playing, but the accompanying visual is quite disturbing. As my favorite imitative existential German talk show host, Dieter, says: "Your agony is gorgeous!" Seriously, I wish your lead were mixed a tad bit hotter so I could steel some of your licks! I'm having a hard time hearing some of the stuff as I'm a bit under the weather myself. Again, really fine job!
"Widdley Widdley Splat"....... well John I,m so sorry I didn,t mean to upset you but thats all I can think of when I hear that solo. I had to mix it (after I,d cleaned up!!!) as soon as I,d finished it to get it in the last post that day and to tell you the truth it was the last thing I wanted to hear.
Looking back I think its a shame the whole thing was,nt on film. (it could have been a YouTube hit) :crazy

"Widdley Widdley Splat"....... well John I,m so sorry I didn,t mean to upset you but thats all I can think of when I hear that solo. I had to mix it (after I,d cleaned up!!!) as soon as I,d finished it to get it in the last post that day and to tell you the truth it was the last thing I wanted to hear.
Looking back I think its a shame the whole thing was,nt on film. (it could have been a YouTube hit) :crazy

This would have been awesome!!!

By the way, once again...humor lost in translation. I am never happier when I am disturbed! :NUTS

yZe

Dang, Bub - you're the real deal

I like your playing better than satch and vai

Nice balance of feel, harmonic content, and technique

ToneZappa

Thanks all of you for your kind words and taking time out to listen to a bit of home cooking. :BEER

To steal Scott's sig: "Vomiter of good tone."

GaryH that is a good quote. Not sure if the second part applies here though. I do think "Widdley,Widdley Splat" fits the bill though.!!! :crazyguy

lhallam

Man, power, emotion, wide variety of techniques and ideas, ripping licks, just plain killing it.

ToneZappa

Dang, Bub - you're the real deal

I like your playing better than satch and vai

Nice balance of feel, harmonic content, and technique

Blimey thats a complement ....thanks, but I think you mean "different than" not "better than Satch and Vai".........Thanks again.:AOK

Man, power, emotion, wide variety of techniques and ideas, ripping licks, just plain killing it.

Thanks for listening and the very nice words.:AOK

ToneZappa

I,ve changed the link and mix on this track the solo guitar is louder now (you can hear it now without closing your eyes) it was on MediaFire as download but it seems out of 166 people looking at this thread only 27 people actually downloaded it (heard it). So its on SoundClick now with a better mix but not such a good bit rate. Just click on the link and play. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6292056 (Jam 2002) ........It gets a bit bonkers :crazyguy

Trending Topics

Top Bottom