Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase and Rooster

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone using the Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase and/or Rooster Pedals? Currently I use an Analogman Sunface and a Beano Boost, and wondering how the Jam Pedal versions compare. Similarities/differences?

I have both NKT-275 Germanium and BC183 Silicon versions of the Sunface...I usually use the 183 since it cuts through the mix better, though I really dig both of them. Anyway, recently discovered Jam Pedals and there's something about them that I just absolutely love, and thinking about trading out the Analogman versions for the Jam versions, though would love to hear from someone who has tried both.

Last edited:

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
Would love to hear if anyone can compare the Rooster to the Beano Boost or the Fuzz Phrase to the various Sunfaces. anyone?

I have the Fuzz Phrase and love it. I consider it a typical first-in-line fuzz and keep both gain and volume maxed.
It shines at a bit higher volume or boosted (with the boost after it). It cuts through the mix lovely.
Played the Analogman (do not own it), but never was able to compare them side by side.

I like them both. They sound, eh, different, but still you can tell they are related. From what I remember, the JAM had a bit more 'subtle hair' if that makes sense to you? :S
Less bass, untill you max it out or it gets to see a hot amp. For bedroom playing, not so much.

Will be trying out the JAM rooster next week, very curious...
JAM pedals has a wonderfull line of pedals, and they are a pleasure to talk/mail to, is all I can say. (no affiliation!) ;)

How is the Beano boost? Never tried one... what's the story behind it?

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
The beano boost sounds awesome. Love it for ripping leads and it sounds great after the NKT Sunface to help it cut through. I like it on the low/mids setting. The high setting is too piercing for my rig. My go to for Zeppelin style 70s drive. Sounds crazy with a wah after it.

Just gotta Chandler Germanium Drive which can do the Beano Boost thing but sounds more modern and hi-fi. The Beano nails the classic sound.

Curious about the Jam Pedals versions however since I absolutely love their Retro Vibe, Wahcko Wah, Big Chill and Waterfall. The Tubedreamer 58 is also an awesome sounding tube screamer that doesn't lose bottom end, making it great for riffs on the lower strings. Planning on picking up a Fuzz Phrase and Rooster down the line to compare with Analogman's versions. Let us know what you think of the Rooster when you get it in!

Stevie Ray Bond

I have the Fuzz Phrase and love it. I consider it a typical first-in-line fuzz and keep both gain and volume maxed.
It shines at a bit higher volume or boosted (with the boost after it). It cuts through the mix lovely.
Played the Analogman (do not own it), but never was able to compare them side by side.

I like them both. They sound, eh, different, but still you can tell they are related. From what I remember, the JAM had a bit more 'subtle hair' if that makes sense to you? :S
Less bass, untill you max it out or it gets to see a hot amp. For bedroom playing, not so much.

Will be trying out the JAM rooster next week, very curious...
JAM pedals has a wonderfull line of pedals, and they are a pleasure to talk/mail to, is all I can say. (no affiliation!) ;)

How is the Beano boost? Never tried one... what's the story behind it?
Did you ever try the rooster?

Trending Topics