James Limborg is at it again

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JCW308, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby Krebs

Toby Krebs Member

All musicians are looking for a magic bullet.The world is full of people who will sell it to them.The truth is no magic bullet exists.

jpage likes this.
  2. John Dullebawn

John Dullebawn Member

Me and my Father(I am 36 we are both guitar players in the same band) purchased 5 of his patches over a 2 month period, so we could see how he gets the tonality that he does from the unit. Yes your guitar will change the tone of the patch , I use a Jackson with active Emg's my father uses a Charvel with passive Duncans, this is nothing that you cannot change fairly easily. His patches are real. I use 2 Yamaha DRX 12 powered cabs, a Jackson Pro with emg 81x, 60x pickups, with dsp contour off on the cabs so get a flat response from the speaker cabs, and this does sound sooooo close to the samples on his website. I write all my own patches, I always did. but when I heard his tonality from his website I had to check his stuff out and it is for real.

3. John Dullebawn

John Dullebawn Member

lol yea Delaune's are much cheaper but I could write patches of that quality in 20 minutes. There is a large difference in quality here

4. John Dullebawn

John Dullebawn Member

LOL, buy an ear and come back then.

5. John Dullebawn

John Dullebawn Member

Yes I have bought a few, and yes I always make all my own patches on what ever unit I am using. But after hearing a GT10 sound like a Fractal I had to buy a few and see what he did. If you run your GT-10 into either powered speakers or a speaker setup that has a flat response, they are great.

6. trax

trax Member

You are all nutz, these patches do work extremely well. If you are not playing in stereo, then you are not a true player of this beautiful 6 string instrument. I have used many of these patches, so much better than my own. Think ya can improve, post, doubt that highly. And he does offer samples - if you are soooo stupid to not find them - ya should not be on the stage.

7. rsm

rsm Member

8. John Dullebawn

John Dullebawn Member

To conclude my visit to this forum, yes I can understand why some of you may think the prices are high, and worry about patches sounding different on other guitars. There is however one thing this guy does that NO ONE else has, he takes this unit and makes it sound like a 2k + effects unit (fractal ect). I challenge anyone here to do what he has with this unit, then feel free to bitch moan and complain. He found a way to create patches on this unit that are amazing, that's it. I am not saying he is anything more or anything less, but he has this unit figured out totally. I already have got a few responses saying I am James using another name, lol this is not true. The last thing I wanted to do was cause more issues for him, as I do not know him personally( I just bought patches from him) he has been nothing but helpful, polite and knowledgeable. I am not James I am just a satisfied customer that stumbled across his website and had to see if his patches were real, with no post production. I have been playing for years my first multi effects pedal was the Digitech RP1, I have been around the block and just wanted to say, whatever may have you upset with him, the man is one hell of a GT10 patch writer, and anyone that says otherwise upload your patch for us all to hear!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  9. jaded_musician

jaded_musician Supporting Member

10. wideawake

wideawake Member

Well this tread just got awesomer.

11. gumtown

gumtown Member

12. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

Crazy prices but some of the tones are pretty darn cool coming from that device and the dude can PLAY!

rsm likes this.
  13. stealthtastic

stealthtastic Supporting Member

So this guy joins the forum yesterday just to bump this thread and promote Boss patches, seems legit.

Although who the **** is using a boss unit in 2015?

TheAmpFactory and 3dognate like this.
  14. gumtown

gumtown Member

Two new members join the forum just to bump this thread.

15. Blix

Blix Member

Hilarious, no one is falling for such obvious and moronic shilling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.