James Patrick Eggle Acoustics?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Matt F, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Matt F

Matt F Member

Anyone have any experience with JPE Acoustics? The ones he made state side in North Carolina vs. The ones being made in England? Any owners here on TGP?

Just Wonderin'

MF

2. msr13

msr13 Supporting Member

Hi Matt.

I have two of them. A 2008 Linville (my favorite instrument of all time) and a 2004 Saluda. The Linville was made in the UK-- Patrick moved back to the UK and re-opened his shop there. Both are gorgeous, wonderful to play, have great tone and balance, and make my sloppy playing easier to bear. I can't distinguish any quality differences between them. They are made from different woods, and of course are very different in size. From a customer service standpoint, I have emailed Patrick a few times with questions and received near immediate responses, even with time zone differences. My understanding is that given the shape of the dollar, we sadly are probably going to see fewer Eggle imports over the next few years.

Anyway, I strongly recommend any Eggle!

3. tradarama

tradarama www.PRIMEGUITARS.com Silver Supporting Member

First one. Small body Maple...I didn't know what to expect. I have to say I'm actually keeping it for myself it's so good. Very clear sounding instrument. I'm impressed with it.

I have sausage fingers and this is a standard width so at some point I may hunt down a wider width version so I can lamely finger pick too.

4. greeny

greeny Member

I have a Saluda Cutaway. Cedar top, rosewood back/sides.

The detailing, finishing and playability is as good as I've seen on any guitar at any price, Superb guitars to compete with any High end acoustics.

5. HHB

HHB Member

it's funny, Saluda is a tiny town about 5 miles south from here, weird to see it used in this context

6. auratnik

auratnik Supporting Member

His guitars are just killer!!!