• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

James Trussart steel guitars..........

OldSchool

Talk to me. Who here loves them and who hates them? And why please...........

I'm particulary attracted to the rusty ones........I don't know why. They look like they are going to sound really bright and thin, but I hear they can be extremly warm.

The steelcasters maybe some of the coolest looking guitars ever and the steel devilles also give me a woody. Why doesn't James dig strats? :messedup

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
Love 'em. They don't sound like metal guitars - surprisingly woody, but with a unique vibe that is distincively Trussart. They do NOT sound bright or thin - more like super resonant & alive. The rusty ones sound a lil' better IMHO - but it's subjective like all things. Until you play one, you have no idea . . .

SO PLAY ONE!!!

OldSchool

Love 'em. They don't sound like metal guitars - surprisingly woody, but with a unique vibe that is distincively Trussart. They do NOT sound bright or thin - more like super resonant & alive. The rusty ones sound a lil' better IMHO - but it's subjective like all things. Until you play one, you have no idea . . .

SO PLAY ONE!!!
Great advice! Its on the way.............:eek:

Rusty Steel Deville/ Bareknuckle Pick Ups w/ Page wiring

I was looking for a Steelcaster but I made such a killing on this one I had to grab it. If the Deville is as good as I think it will be , The Steelcaster is next!

Grandnoise

I once played one a few years back straight into a Mojave head and a Mojave 2x12 it was the best setup I have ever played, which is saying a lot for a pedalhead like me.

The guitar was a rusty metal tele with Duncan Antiquities in it

matte

played one (with extreme prejudice in the -) and absolutely loved it.

i live to be wrong. it sounded, felt/played great.

mds

They're great....I've visited his shop (down the road from me) and they've got a great operation. The tone is definitely different. Great in its own way. One thing that surprised me is that they don't make many of the parts. The bodies and necks are all outsourced. The guys in Trussarts shop assemble them and do all the aging stuff, setup, etc.

OldSchool

They're great....I've visited his shop (down the road from me) and they've got a great operation. The tone is definitely different. Great in its own way. One thing that surprised me is that they don't make many of the parts. The bodies and necks are all outsourced. The guys in Trussarts shop assemble them and do all the aging stuff, setup, etc.

I did some research before I bought this one and I found it fascinating how he ages them. he actually soaks them in water for a few months up to a few years on some! Can you imagine, a guitar soaked in water!! Then he sands them and seals them on Poly. I'd like to see a video of the process. I'd love to visit the shop.

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
I love them. Played them all and don't have a fave. I regret not getting one back in 99 when they were a lot cheaper. There was a Dragon Steel Top here in Austin that was stunning. FWIW, James is super cool to deal with, and answered every one of my emails.

SE
CI

JPERRYROCKS

I was on James' website and was astounded at his product line and all the new combinations of guitars he has. He's really doing great work that has a unique metal flair on a classic themed guitar.

From a spec point, the only thing I don't like is the skinny 1 5/8 nut and old school 7 inch radius.

Grandnoise

That's interesting, I wonder how much the effect of the ageing has on the tone, and whether it would be possible to be able to get a discount version for us with no money.

sickboy79

SO PLAY ONE!!!
Couldn't agree more! I bought my first Trussart from Datguytim - a Steel Deville. I've since added two more - a Steelcaster and Steelcaster Deluxe! I can't say enough good things about Trussart guitars. Unique takes on classic tones/models. Absolutely amazing.

soulmap

I was at NAMM, in '99 or so, with a mission to buy a special instrument. James had the nicest/coolest/vibey-est guitars on the floor. I got a rusty Steelcaster that is an amazing, inspiring instrument - I love it. And James was very cool to deal with.
The problem?
I want more!
Steelcaster Deluxe w/ Bigsby, holey back and filtertrons maybe...
I'd love to try one of his resonator guitars...
An etched steeltop...

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
James is one of the nicest, most down to earth guys you could ever meet.

He also has very good taste in paint and clears...;)

I want to get one of his guitars one day and I'm sure I will. We are practically neighbors.:dude

OldSchool

Got it on the way. Rusty Steel Deville with Bare Knuckles and Page wiring. If its a good as they say A seafoam green Steelcaster is next on the list. :AOK

Whats the difference between the Steelcaster and the deluxe? Is it just the Bigsby? I could do without one of those.......

Trending Topics