James Tyler "studio elite" lovefest

gerryguitar

ok then lets see ALL of those studio elites.....:dude
I wanna see everything from all eras, the older the better... I wanna see Floyds, mad finishes... ultra special or ultra rare, one off's or anything else that Tyler ever did.... now that I think about it I'd like to see early Tylers with strat headstocks... I'd really like a dedicated thread about the history of Tyler guitars.... for me they are wonderful instruments full of charm, mojo, vibe and amazing sounds.... come on lets see em.....:)

tonefreak

Quilt tops are usually not my deal, but I've been wanting this guitar for close to 20 years... dream realized.

gerryguitar

yep thats what I'm talking about... Classics are wonderful but for me the Studio Elite is the guitar that defines Tyler and his way of thinking...

gerryguitar

tonefreak, did I read somewhere that you originally saw the Jimburst on Lukes "puffy" guitar..?? if so that was also my first exposure to Tylers... I remember an article in an old Guitar World mag from 1988, the one with SRV on the cover.... ahh great days...

tonefreak

tonefreak, did I read somewhere that you originally saw the Jimburst on Lukes "puffy" guitar..?? if so that was also my first exposure to Tylers... I remember an article in an old Guitar World mag from 1988, the one with SRV on the cover.... ahh great days...
Yup... "puffy"! I still have that issue, BTW, as well as the "Studio Rats" article... all the "Fender" headstocks have the Tyler logo on them, super cool!

Kappy

Gettin'er back on Saturday with a different neck/fingerboard. w00h00! Can't wait.

Flinto2002

Ok here are a few of mine

this one has been repainted to be all flip flop, rather than the 2 tone

now it looks like this

my #1

Mmmmm Mongoose

ya need balls to play a pink guitar

Phil M

Supporting Member
Why do I suddenly love the way these guitars look? chazmania's black guitar and dkaplowitz's smear are incredible.

Kappy

This is such a beautiful guitar...I actually started out not liking BW's, but pics like this are really changing my mind abt 'em...
That's awesome man! They do have a way of growing on you. ;) I never minded the headstock that much, thought it was kinda' cool and modern looking. But there used to be a Tyler dealer local to me and once I played a couple it was all over. Love these guitars.

I'm really excited to be getting mine back, but I'm a little apprehensive too -- concerned the neck change will be too ....something. But I doubt it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and it's been with JT for a while.

Trending Topics