JAMM over the Althrax C Minus......

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by hottub, Jan 17, 2008.

1. hottub

hottub Member

Althrax posted a C#minor track back in December. Great track that's kinda been resurrected over on the LPF.... thanks Althrax. And thanks TexSunburt59 for posting it over there.

gave a it run thru tonight trying to find some interesting mic placements. it's a bugger trying to find a good spot. found something I could live with and wanted to share it with you all. It's a close mic'd SM57.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6180095

:crazy

2. hottub

hottub Member

3. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Supporting Member

Well...
    You must have found a good spot cause that sounds good.

Nice feel.

4. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

HT, I've really been listening to your clips lately and I'm liking the tones you're getting out of the D'Lite amp. This clip has a little more bite and not as silky sounding as some of your others,but still very good. Very Nice work HT.:D

5. hottub

hottub Member

Thanks guys. I see what you mean, it definitely has a bit more top than what i usually track. I was actually trying to get some clarity around my low end and low mids, similar to what you hear in Scott's clips. Didn't expect the highs like this, but I imagine I could dial them back. I think these tones would make good use in a blues rock type setting perhaps.

6. jspax7

jspax7 Member

Dayam! Heavy tone, man.

Who says Dumble inspired amps are one trick ponies? :nono

7. Ed Alvarado

Ed Alvarado Member

Yeah Man! I love the way you stay in pocket and really keep control. Cool Stuff Tub! Is that your D'lite? Still waiting for mine but I guess the NAMM show is holding it up. Your tone is just killing Bro!

8. hottub

hottub Member

Thanks Ed and jsPax7.

yeah, this is the DLite Ed. I was kinda surprised upon listening to playback that this kind of tone came from it. The only big thing I did differently compared to other clips is pump up the overdrive. On this clip I was running a bit more overdrive level than I normally do.

It is kinda neat to tease out some differently flavors of tone. Nothing scientific, I just twisted some knobs and moved the mic around.

9. sled

sled Member

yeah, your tones are choice... nice.

10. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

OO very nice H!

You're getting some crackin tones and playing your heart out in the process. Really chewy.

11. ghisi

ghisi Member

Hi Hottub.

Great tone and playing! I enjoyed the rock flavor of your impro.

Another awesome BT by Althrax. Thanks for posting it.

I tried to record one take using Gear Box simulation. I am still learning how to record with this sofware and I'm not even close to a real amp tone, but it is still fun to record over a nice BT.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6182973

12. althrax

althrax Member

Your welcome for the backing track. I'll have to start calling you Reverend Willie Hottub. lol I like the tone your getting out of the D'lite and your playing was smokin'!

13. althrax

althrax Member

Hey ghisi your welcome for the backing, I'm really like you phrasing over the changes. I have to agree with you on the amp tone. lol

14. hottub

hottub Member

hey thanks guys. been a lot of fun 'experimenting' lately ;)

ghsi, really dug that man! I liked when you kicked it in around :39. stingin' tone bro. thanks for sharing. sounding good dude! how do you like the S1? They seem like really nice guitars.

15. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Gold Supporting Member

That was great, tone, playing, all of it!!

16. ghisi

ghisi Member

Hi Hottub,

Thanks for the comments.

The S1 is a great guitar. I bought this one about a year ago and have been using it a lot. This guitar still amazes me with it's tone and playability. I liked it so much that I bought myself a S2 a few months ago and love them both. Great value for money, specially if you go for an used one, and very reliable instrument.