Jamming w/ the Native Americans

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Ted,

I will say that I can hear you playing scales HOWEVER, I can hear your sense of melody and I like it! The playing and ability aspect come over time, but as you may well know, a person can gain incredible chops and still not have a sense of melody and cohesiveness [spelling?]. It sounds as though you are on the boat! Keep sailing!! M.E.

tedm

I think I know why the scales are so pronounced, I nicked the backing from track 1 of this CD I have:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/168044/ref=pd_ap_gut/002-4425141-7637636

and the 1/2 hr. prior to recording the clip, I was making note of what scales sounded OK and which scales don't. I have no idea what key it is in, and my guitar is tuned 1/2 step down, so when recording, I didn't want to venture out a couple of known positions I knew sounded OK or I knew I'd likely hit a sour note.

With the drum machine patterns, I know what key it's in, and can explore quite a bit more before hitting a completely out of key note.

Originally posted by michael.e
Hey Ted,

I will say that I can hear you playing scales HOWEVER, I can hear your sense of melody and I like it! The playing and ability aspect come over time, but as you may well know, a person can gain incredible chops and still not have a sense of melody and cohesiveness [spelling?]. It sounds as though you are on the boat! Keep sailing!! M.E.

Weldaar

Ted, can you post this backing track for everyone?

This is one of the best thing I have heard you play.

tedm

Thanks Weldaar!!

here's the bt link: www.tedm.com/mp3s/backings/btbsotrk1.mp3

here's a tip, probably most folks here won't need it, but if your guitar is tuned down 1/2 step, playing a minor/blues scale at the 3rd and 10th fret works for me ;)

Originally posted by Weldaar
Ted, can you post this backing track for everyone?

This is one of the best thing I have heard you play.

tedm

I'd love to hear what other players takes are on this irregular beat piece!

Originally posted by SlipRake
Totally tribal! :cool:

I hear some "Cortez the Killer" in there.

Originally posted by michael.e
Hey Ted,

..... a person can gain incredible chops and still not have a sense of melody and cohesiveness [spelling?].
Yeah, you spelled melody correct!:p

tedm, you've got a lot of heart and balls the size of Texas! Keep 'em coming!

tedm

Thanks FishinMusician!

Originally posted by Fishin'Musician
Yeah, you spelled melody correct!:p

tedm, you've got a lot of heart and balls the size of Texas! Keep 'em coming!

tedm

Excellent Weldaar!! Great thick tone and great phrasing. The first minute or so I was worried, I was only hearing weird new age sounds, not familiar guitar sounds ;) But then it kicked in!!

Originally posted by Weldaar
Here's my take Ted. This was fun. I like this backing. I called mine Mohican Warrior because I am part Mohican :)

http://www.soundclick.com/weldaar

rkstarr

loved your take...i simply dont know how you come up with this stuff.ihave a hard time with the days of the week!!:dude

tedm

Thanks Rkstarr!

It's only gonna get better, I just ordered a Phase 90 with R28 mod on the innernet, plus I've been pondering this speed playing program that I also read about on the innerweb... ;)

Originally posted by rkstarr
loved your take...i simply dont know how you come up with this stuff.ihave a hard time with the days of the week!!:dude

Trending Topics