Jamming with iTunes and S-Gear or Desktop BIAS

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by southpawshooter, May 6, 2015.

1. southpawshooter

southpawshooter Member

I have an 11 rack and jam along with iTunes. I've been using the 11 rack as my USB interface with both S-gear and BIAS desktop and dig the tones but can't play iTunes simultaneously. How do I get to play along with iTunes tracks?

2. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

Guitar Rig is really easy for this. It has an mp3 player right in the instrument rack. Just upload your mp3 into the player and play away all in one program.

3. Prince

Prince Supporting Member

JamUp (a sister app of Bias) has the "jam" feature, where you can import songs from your iTunes and play along with them. Pretty schweet

4. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Member

You can use the S-Gear stand alone app. Just need to route itunes to use your interface.

5. TimH

TimH Member

mainstage would allow you to do this and be controlled via a midi pedal if you want. I do it with my Apogee GiO.

6. southpawshooter

southpawshooter Member

Thanks, I'll have to check that program out, but was hoping to use S-Gear or BIAS since they are already installed on the laptop.

It is sweet, use it on my iPhone. Unfortunately, I don't think they make a windows version of JamUp.

That sounds like the ticket! I'm a newb to this, how do I go about route itunes?

7. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Member

Make your interface the default sound playback device... In windows, it is under control panels, sound, and playback.

8. southpawshooter

southpawshooter Member

Thank you for the help, I'll give it a go tonight.

9. southpawshooter

southpawshooter Member

It was already set for default playback, still no luck. Can play either the modeling software or iTunes but not both at the same time.

10. southpawshooter

southpawshooter Member

Scouring the net looks like the driver ASIO4ALL could be the problem. It allows only one device at a time. Makes sense, the 11r works with a different driver I believe. Does that sound right?

11. TimH

TimH Member

Get a Mac. Problem solved! ;-)

12. o0Ampy0o

o0Ampy0o Member

Yep simply accomplished on a Mac.