1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Jane's Addiction Another Soul Mate.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by neoprimitive, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Niblos

Niblos Member

Didn't realize that!

2. falconerpdx

falconerpdx Member

No big deal but they were supporting Love and Rockets.

Jane's Addiction is playing Nothing's Shocking in full for three nights at the Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas for the 25th anniversary of the album. If successful, I could see them further touring the album this year.

3. anominous

anominous Senior Member

True Nature pretty awesome too....

4. Niblos

Niblos Member

You are correct falconerpdx and thanks for pointing that out as I quickly wrote that out while I was still at work. Daniel and the boys were headlining that tour in support of their lp, " Express." A friend of mine said they came through PA while he was still on campus and he didn't go! 1% (Jane) is such a great song!

5. michaelvincent

michaelvincent Member

Eric Avery is my favorite bassist of all time. Janes is not my favorite band without him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Niblos

Niblos Member

I have to agree about Avery. It's just not the same band.

7. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

Good or bad, at least there have been some good solo projects out if it all.
    Sattelite Party, Dave's solo stuff, trust no one and spread, Eric's solo albums are amazing a wellas Polar bear, Banyan, Deconstruction.. And yes, without Eric, they aren't the same, Eric was very bit as important the the song writing and playing as Perry.. I do understand why people don't like the new Jane's, I honestly do, because not long ago, I felt the same way, but something changed within me. I don't know what but one day I was at peace with the new music. It's not as good as the original stuff, but it's still good in its own way, and I can appreciate it. Possibly, I'm such a fan of Dave's guitar playing that it doesn't matter.. actually it does, because I did not like panic channel, and I tried really hard to lie iike it, but I can't stand it, it had some amazing guitar work in the album. Camp Freddy is good too, depending on who's playing and what the songs are..

8. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

Since i started this thread with a new video of a new song. Here's something to make up for it. :-D
    The good old days, thisbus what it was all about in the first place, at least for me. I miss the early shows, nothing will compare. Pure magic, pure everything..
    http://youtu.be/TChwgH_INxY

9. misterturtlehead

misterturtlehead Member

Anthem Of The Sun and Aoxomoxoa were masterpieces too.

10. phretbored

phretbored Member

AWESOME!

Thanks for posting this :)

Burnout era Dave Navarro + black Les Paul = rawk

11. rolsen

rolsen Member

I'll keep waiting, in vain I'm sure, for that follow up Deconstruction album. To this day, when it pops up on the iPod I'm so impressed with this post Janes collaboration between Avery and Navarro. So cerebral and daring. It's like a more experimental Janes meets Joy Division darkness. Wow.

12. dwes

dwes Member

"Suffer Some" from Strays is killer.

Been a fan since the early days. See them when they come around. they still kick ass live.

13. svenhoek

svenhoek Member

I will always agree, that even though it's a mere shadow of what they were, the newer JA songs are still better than most of what comes out on the radio these days.

This thread got me watching some of the Janes A vids, both old and new. A comment on one of them alerted me to the band "Middle Class Rut." Gotta say, I do like some of it. Has shades of old JA at times.

The video for Aunt Betty is crazy, and Dead Eye is a really good song. Check 'em out!