• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Jane's Addiction: S/T-1st record

Custom Deluxe

Being going through my collection and pulling out records I haven't listened to in a while. Pulled out Jane's Addiction S/T first record.

Man, I forgot what a power house this record is. Pigs in Zen just rips. Super tight band and Perry F. just seems to fit this band perfectly. David Navarro's playing fits well into the sounds and he doesn't seem to over do the solos or other parts where he could have taken a more "heavy metal" route.

Anyone else dig this record?

Great lead in to Nothing Shocking.

JRC4558Dude

It's a weird record in that it's sorta live/sorta studio. It has some cool songs, though. Trip Away and 1% are so wicked.

Heinz57Pep

I was working as the entertainment editor at the college newspaper the summer this was released. The local label rep sent me a cassette copy for review. I remember listening to it and knowing immediately that it was something vastly cooler and different than the hair metal of the day. I couldn't have predicted that it would help usher in a musical revolution.

freedom's door

"Whores" is one of my favorite JA songs. Overall, i don't think the album is consistently great, but it is a sign of the two amazing albums that followed it.

critter74

Silver Supporting Member
An amazing album that, along with so many others, was the soundtrack of my youth. Specifically this album and Fugazi's 13 Songs makes me think of the summer right after HS graduation. My last "hoorah" of youth, so to speak. It was a fantastic summer ('92).

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Great album... Or EP. Whatever it was.
I have used it for getting psyched up on the way to a gig recently.

It's a nice lesson in what really mattered in music in the years before the internet turned so many of us, myself included, into gear obsessed geeks.

navin johnson

i really dig nothing shocking and ritual de lo habitual. 2 great albums in my opinion. but what the heck are you folks talkin about when you type s/t?

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
I think the record showed the mayhem that a Jane's show was at the time. I think it showed the attitude and bombasticness of the band. I love the record!

Coldacre

mighty album!!

Janes first album reminds me of Primus "Suck On This": 2 bands who completely came out of nowhere and released live albums as debuts which blew everything away.

Perry Farrell & Morrissey were the best frontmen of the 80's, existing completely outside of the 'norm'.

65DuoSonic

Great record. My favorite JA album, followed by Ritual... then Nothing's Shocking. Very unique band.

Trending Topics