Janglebox Noise

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Six Strings, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Six Strings

Six Strings Member

I was very lucky and my wife just got me a very lightly used Janglebox as a present. When I use it with my Strat and Vox AC30, it generates a huge amount of noise, a buzzing and occasionally I thought there was a slight pop. Am I doing something wrong or might there be a problem with my unit?

2. Ricman

Ricman Member

location, location - it's the most important thing
    The problem is with the amp. Vox AC30's desire Rickenbackers, and getting a Janglebox ain't foolin' no one. The amp is rejecting the signal. :D

3. MjCartney

MjCartney Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie Silver Supporting Member

Jangleboxes are kind of noisy. I love it, but when it "breathes" you get a lot of extra white noise. The AC30 seems to highlight it more.

I initially thought mine might be defective & contacted the company. They told me it was normal & that you didn't really hear the noise while you play. They were very nice and offered to take it back if I didn't like it. I thought about returning it but just couldn't because the sound is just killer. It's not like any other compressor. I kept it, and haven't regretted it. I don't notice the noise so much anymore, and nobody listening has ever told me my compressor is noisy or asked "what's that noise?"

4. fieldhdj

fieldhdj Member

My AC15H is the same way. I've learned to live with it, but I don't use it as often as I would if it were a quieter.

I mean, its a noisy Janglebox or actually buy a Rickenbacker, right?

[ducks]

:mob

5. Six Strings

Six Strings Member

Thanks a lot. They've offered to look at it if I send it in just to be sure. Great customer support and service.

As for buying a Rick, I thought about that once. Then I sobered up. :rotflmao

6. dave s

dave s Member

I have the same strat >> janglebox >> VOX setup. And honestly, it works like a dream with my Ric 360/12 and NOT so well with the strat.

My usual gig starts off with the Ric 12 string then I switch to the strat. Once in awhile I'll leave the janglebox on after strapping on the strat. Click on the wireless and WHOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oops! Forgot to turn off the Janglebox again!!!! Nope. I don't even use it with the strat.

dave

7. Ricman

Ricman Member

location, location - it's the most important thing
    DOOOD! Get into treatment! NOW! :banana