• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Japan Trip this year

DiPa

Constant GAS
whenever I go to Japan, I try to find a magical Fender Japan Strat or Tele to bring back.
I visit a bunch of music shops in the Tokyo and Nagoya areas.
I avoid anything made in USA as I can find that here.
Wondering for those folks that travel there and shop there, what are some of your fav items you shop for, musical gear that is? I am planning a trip later this year and don't think I need another Strat or Tele.
Thanks

pepedede

I've been to Japan several times over the last few years and also like to pick up a guitar to bring back, I have a 60's teisco K3L that cost me $120, a 1989 les paul custom for $1800 and a 2006 gretsch silver sparkle jet for $890. I think the Japanese made gretsch's are fantastic and they are a bargain used in Japan.

m1911

I always stay at the Hilton in Nagoya and there is a guitar shop on the main drag a block or two up......

Sleepyscholar

I always stay at the Hilton in Nagoya and there is a guitar shop on the main drag a block or two up......
Do you remember which one? I've lived in Nagoya 24 years and I don't know a shop in Fushimi. About 10 blocks away, in Sakae, there's Ishibashi, Shimamura and Rockin, which all have quite a lot (I was in Ishibashi at the weekend and it was heaving with Aria Pros, some going back to Matsumoku days). More interesting would probably be the little local shops, though.

DiPa

Constant GAS
I've been to the store in Sakae, picked a Strat last year. It's a good one.
I am also going to be in Shinagawa, and think there's some stores nearby there?

DiPa

Constant GAS
I am thinking Gretch Japan.
Possibly orange or some other cool color.

Defendant

Visited Ochanomizu a couple of years ago.

As far as the MIJ stuff I saw goes, top of the want list for me would be a Greco Ron Wood Zemaitis clone. Not cheap though.

sanrico

I just wanted to express my envy. I've always wanted to see Japan. One day.

Advisable Owl

My younger brother is going while I'm away at school. Hopefully I can scrounge up the money to ge him to bring me something back. Probably won't happen as I'll need the money for school stuff.

DamianL

Man, I love Japan...been there a few times..

And whenever I think about going back this song gets stuck in my head...

phodg

When I was there in November last year, there were a ton of cheap Grass Roots guitars that actually seemed good value for money. If you want to spend more, the FGN guitars looked like fantastic quality.
I thought about buying a Fender Japan Precision bass when we were there but didn't. I wish I had.
If you go to Ishibashi in Shibuya, talk to Jason McNamara. An Australian dude who works there. He can sort you out - I talked to him for a while.

winterblu

Silver Supporting Member
I've been to Japan several times over the last few years and also like to pick up a guitar to bring back, I have a 60's teisco K3L that cost me $120, a 1989 les paul custom for $1800 and a 2006 gretsch silver sparkle jet for $890. I think the Japanese made gretsch's are fantastic and they are a bargain used in Japan.
The Japanese Gretsch's are fantastic guitars, I've had a couple and they were flawless.

Trending Topics