1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese Shell company buying up ebay items..

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by aaronbarnes, Feb 18, 2009.

1. aaronbarnes

aaronbarnes Member

anybody deal with a company called sekaimon.com???

They are a japanese company that claims to be an official partner of Ebay.

They have a home office in the US, so they are not considered an international bidder. People in Japan go to their site and bid on US ebay auctions thru sekaimon and if they win, the seller ships the item to california and they put it on plane with everything else and send it to Japan....

looks legit, but sure seems awful fishy to me and I'm not sure what to do......one thing that's odd to me is that their feedback score does'nt match the number of feedbacks recieved.....never seen that, but never really paid attention to numbers that big. Feedback score is 6769, but the feedback recieved is over 8 thousand.....

Of course I've already contacted Ebay, and am waiting to hear from them.....

what do you guys think....

2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Their score wouldn't count multiple feedbacks from the same user. The score is uniques.

3. aaronbarnes

aaronbarnes Member

did'nt know that.....I guess I can see that......could go either way for the legitimacy issue....

4. daddyo

daddyo Guest

It's legit. It's a way for overseas buyers to get US gear on eBay. Sekaimon buys the item and then resells it to a Japanese customer for a fee.

5. whitehall

whitehall Member

It's exactly like Rinkya, which I use to buy in Japan. I know someone who has shipped several guitars to them. I then see some of those same guitars show up on Yahoo Japan. With the dollar in the toilet against the yen I suspect you will see a lot more of them.

6. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

So the middleman is the official buyer in the eyes of eBay then, right? Looks like a goldmine for scam sellers (and shipping companies) to me.
    Is the middleman going to deal with problem items on behalf of the Japanese end user?

7. gixxerrock

gixxerrock Member

sounds like a great idea, I wish Canada has something like that. It is sometimes a pain dealing with border issues (and a hassle for US sellers). I know a guy with a US shipping address that buys tons of Ebay and Craigslist stuff, drives over with a big van to pick it up and then resells it in Canada.

8. fugot

fugot Member

i have sent three pedals i sold on ebay to a middle man/ company with a us address, who then send it to japan. all they ask is i write the ebay # on outside of box. they pay, i send-all good to me. nothing illegal at all in my case at least. I wish they would buy more!!!!!!!!